How does this work?

peter413
peter413 Posts: 5,120
edited November 2010 in MTB general
I won't name any names this time to keep everyone happy...

I bought a jacket but it was faulty so sent it back for a replacement, this company sent the replacement out no problems and it arrived this morning but it was a slightly different item. I had ordered the 2009 non-hooded version originally but they have sent me the 2008 hooded version. Now, I would normally think that they have just sent me the wrong item BUT, on the invoice they have written the original version was the 2009 ordinary version (the hooded version) and that the replacement is the same 2009 hooded version.

Now, I can live with having a jacket that is a year older since they look exactly the same so should perform exactly the same but it's the fact that they have written the wrong items on the invoice.

So, is this a genuine mistake or have they tried to screw me over?

I'm only asking here because I won't get a reply from them until Monday at the earliest

Comments

• delta5
    delta5 Posts: 265
    You should ask them to send you the item which you originally ordered.
    You are well within your rights to do so.
    If they contest it, ask for a full refund including any postage you have paid, and go elsewhere. And tell us who they are.

One likes to give them the benefit of the doubt but considering what they have written on the invoice it sounds like they just might be taking a chance and trying to get rid of old stock - at new stock prices. Some places rely on the fact that after one return and replacement buyers often cba to challenge them any further.
    My abundant supply of MTFU is reserved for use in dry, sunny conditions.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    peter413 wrote:
    So, is this a genuine mistake or have they tried to screw me over?

Neither probably, 9/10 times things like this are just down to one person looking at the item in a computer and not seeing the practical differences then another person doing the picking and not knowing why they're picking a different item. Should be easy to sort though.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    After much thought, I have decided to ignore it, I need a jacket for tomorrow and it's only a hood's difference after all, I could just cut it off if it gets annoying.

And I shall carry on using this company since this is the first of many many many orders they have mucked up and if it does break, I have the warranty and I know they are good at dealing with warranty's so may be able to get the non hooded one (assuming I do have to use the warranty) as a replacement, if that makes any sense to anyone but Northwind :lol: