Evans Cycles - Customer Service

AndyOgy
AndyOgy Posts: 579
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
I just want to give a quick shout out to Evans Cycles in Brighton. It's nice to see that a large chain of stores can offer a level of customer service similar to that of the LBS.

I got an Altura Night Vision Evo back in march. For starters, they knocked £40 off their RRP as a result of their price match policy. Then, last week, the zip broke on one of the pockets. I went into the store yesterday, fully expecting to hear stuff about normal wear and tear etc and having to buy a new jacket. But less than 30 seconds after explaining the problem, I was offered an exchange or a refund. It's not like I can get the jacket cheaper elsewhere, so I went for the exchange.

I realised when I got home that the jacket no longer comes with the reflective velcro thing to hold a light on the back of the jacket, instead coming with a flashing patch thing. I called the store and they removed the light attachment from the jacket that I'd returned and posted it to me. It arrived this morning.

Scattered around my flat, there are so many faulty products that I got mail order or from eBay stores, and it's just too much hassle to return them. So long as Evans price match these guys, I'd rather buy in store from now on.

Thanks guys. I buy a lot of bike gear and you will be getting my business again.

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    My LBES did likewise when the drawsting came adrift from the collar on my NV jacket.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    I love Evans, bought a Smart lightset for around £35 about 5 months ago, the front light recently started playing up. They don't stock the pair anymore so they just took back the front and offered me either a similar light or £35 off a replacement if I wanted a better one. They didn't ask for the rear light back and they were also willing to pricematch the replacement as well as taking the £35 off it.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    dhope wrote:
    I love Evans, bought a Smart lightset for around £35 about 5 months ago, the front light recently started playing up. They don't stock the pair anymore so they just took back the front and offered me either a similar light or £35 off a replacement if I wanted a better one. They didn't ask for the rear light back and they were also willing to pricematch the replacement as well as taking the £35 off it.

was that in st pauls one? can't fault the guys in there one bit and I've put an awful lot of business their way in the last 7 weeks.
    Hat + Beard
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    hatbeard wrote:
    dhope wrote:

was that in st pauls one? can't fault the guys in there one bit and I've put an awful lot of business their way in the last 7 weeks.

London Bridge, though St Pauls seem just as accomodating
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    Reading branch was also good; replaced a 13mth defective front light with an updated version and for the Cateye front which was out of warranty, again replaced it with new.

At the same time, I asked for some new toe straps, they looked on the shelf and found some and just gave them to me.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    +1 on the Reading branch - they happily swapped my failed seatpost without even wanting to see the reciept. Helpful, supportive, eager to get the bike back on the road, handsome, thoughtful, good to the kids, all-round good egg - but enough of me, Evans staff in Reading are decent folk too.

:wink: