More help needed! C59 or Dogma 60.1 or Cento Uno

ddcookson
ddcookson Posts: 34
edited November 2010 in Road buying advice
Would be greatful for thoughts and advise on a possible frame upgrade.

Colnago C59, Pinarello Dogma or Cento Uno.

It's an Italian thing!

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Get the one you like the look of best. Seriously.
  • I would think all of them are great. Considered a Cento myself a while back. NapD is right.

The C59 is the only one that is actually made in Italy though FWIW (The carbon tubing comes from outside Italy).
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    You will love any of them.

You will not look back if you get a Cento, but that is not to say how it compares to the other two.

Buy the one you will love - go with your gut. Or test ride them and pick the one you like. As above, it doens't matter, they are all superb.

Mind you, this is the 3rd similar thread you have started, and it indicates you have no idea despite advice. I'd not bother with any unless you are 100%. There is only so much asking you can do...
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Stupid comment considering all three bikes feel totally different from each other.
  • nicensleazy
    nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
    Taking an independent view, I would also say the C59. Yes, its true, I am a Colnago nut, but that is not the reason. Looking at a few videos lately of Pinarello sporting the new Campag electric groupset, Pinarello stated that they will be brininging out a new bike next year...now, will this replace the Dogma. I suspect yes, as there have been many people mentioning about the frames weight. If you would like some further info on the C59, there is a recent full test ride report on my blog and a video ride report (video in french unfortunately) Good luck with your decision!
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Stupid comment considering all three bikes feel totally different from each other.

Not really. If the OP can't work this out for him/herself then they do not have the talent to make full use of the bikes.
    With that in mind, the one that they like best will make them most happy. Anyone who can feel the subtle difference would not need to ask, and would get the right one for them.

In this context, I agree with Nap.
  • Have you looked at an RXR?

To be fair, all are STUNNING bikes, and I guess you will be happy no matter whcih one you get.