kids on motorbikes

Buppy (banned)
Buppy (banned) Posts: 38
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
cycling along Marylebone road this afternoon - pretty heavy traffic but fully aware of my surroundings. Out into the far right of the lane as I needed to be to get into the correct lane approaching the bit by Regents Park, slow down then stop for a motorway maintenance lorry that has strayed into two lanes directly in front of me and I get shunted in the rear.

Quite a jolt and I was sure the bike had been damaged. Shaking I look behind me and there's two young lads on a low cc motorbike - with L plates, and apparently no reg plate.

They were pointing at me and saying "you" - "it was you" - "we had nowhere to go" etc, didn't really make sense. Maybe they were drunk? anyway then one of them called me a c*nt and they started taking the piss, laughing and drove off. No reg plate on the rear either. A black cab driver stopped to see if I was OK but I was too flabbergasted to reply, still shaking. Got off the road and checked the bike over. No damage though with an aluminum frame who knows?

Anyway - b*st*rds eh?? :x :( :roll:

Comments

• Sounds grim. Glad you weren't hurt and hope the frame has survived unscathed.
  • TuckerUK
    TuckerUK Posts: 369
    Lucky the Police didn't spot them, they would have got a stern talking to. And after half a dozen stern talkings to they might even get the bike confiscated.

I love our no tolerance Police methods.
    "Coming through..."
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    TuckerUK wrote:
    Lucky the Police didn't spot them, they would have got a stern talking to. And after half a dozen stern talkings to they might even get the bike confiscated.

I love our no tolerance Police methods.

Sadly all too true...
    FCN 2 to 8
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Our old site in Aberdeen had a fairly deserted access road that was used on a daily basis by teenagers with no helmets on motorbikes. Irony was that the road led to a Police station!

Anyway, hope you and bike are OK :-)
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • hfidgen
    hfidgen Posts: 340
    Reminds me of an occasion a few years back when I was cut up by a young scrote on a scooter at the lights. We exchanged some choice words and I was told in no uncertain terms to fuck off or he'd knock my head off. Then as the lights went green he, to prove he was the bigger man, tried to pull a wheelie off the line and promptly fell straight off and put his bike into a car at the side junction.

I don't think i have EVER laughed so hard. Poor chap was almost in tears.
    FCN 4 - BMC CX02
  • hfidgen wrote:
    Reminds me of an occasion a few years back when I was cut up by a young scrote on a scooter at the lights. We exchanged some choice words and I was told in no uncertain terms to fark off or he'd knock my head off. Then as the lights went green he, to prove he was the bigger man, tried to pull a wheelie off the line and promptly fell straight off and put his bike into a car at the side junction.

I don't think i have EVER laughed so hard. Poor chap was almost in tears.

Damn you for not wearing a helmet cam! Priceless!

Hope you and the bike are ok Buppy.
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    Buppy wrote:
    A black cab driver stopped to see if I was OK but I was too flabbergasted to reply, still shaking.

Flabbergasted by the incident, or by a cabbie stopping to help you? :D

Glad you is fine tho
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • Looking back in hindsight wouldnt it just be great to ride past and take their ignition key?
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Was sat in the works van whilst filling the tank and people watching, two kiddies were putting their pint of petrol in their scooters as they rode off they were revving high as per normal. As they got to the road they had to stop, one of the gunned the throttle and turned the bike through 180 and ended up on the deck.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.