Regular Night Cross Country in Swinley Forest

French_Aristo
French_Aristo Posts: 83
edited December 2010 in MTB rides
Hi,

I ride 20/30km in Swinley Forest (avoiding fire track when possible) 2/3 times a week including at night usually on Tuesday (but flexible) and Friday (so that I don't have to suffer watching Friday night TV with my partner)
I came across at least 6 other riders last night (from afar) so as it seems I am not the only mad guy around so if anyone one would be interested in joining me, just post here
I normally start/finish from Go Ape at the LookOut around 18:30/19:00 and stay out for 2.5 to 3.5 hours
Focus First 2010

Comments

• That many takers? I am impressed!!! ;-)
    Focus First 2010
  • popstar
    popstar Posts: 1,392
    This TUE if you plan to ride, I could join you ... hope I will survive morning trip to dentist and mash those pedals in FURY.
    What could have been (Video)

I'll choose not put too much stake into someone's opinion who is admittingly terrible though
  • popstar wrote:
    This TUE if you plan to ride, I could join you ... hope I will survive morning trip to dentist and mash those pedals in FURY.

Sorry but this Tuesday is a no go for me.
    I would unlikely to be home before 20:30 so that a starting time sometimes after 21:00
    A bit late to ride even for me

I seems to have someone wanting to join in the fun on Friday (from MBTBritain) if you are up for it
    Else next Tuesday would be fine
    I will PM you my number for future ref

Frederic
    Focus First 2010
  • Give me a time if your out Friday evening . 8)
  • Stan Leigh wrote:
    Give me a time if your out Friday evening . 8)

I will definitly be out but starting time is either 1830 or 1930 depending on someone else availability
    Will let you know
    Focus First 2010
  • Me + another now . :D
  • I hope you guys have good base layer because a freeze is coming!!!!
    -2oC feeling like -8oC :shock:
    Might not venture on Sandhurst academy grounds as they are high and way too open to the elements for that kind of weather.
    Focus First 2010
  • well that was fun.
    Called it quit after 2 hours & 18km
    No one died but considering the temperament of my borrowed bike, I think I will pass on tomorrow morning ride to concentrate on next week when my beloved Focus should be all mended.
    Focus First 2010
  • Shmikuk
    Shmikuk Posts: 117
    Great ride tonight, thanks! Good to meet you guys. . Ian
  • Shmikuk wrote:
    Great ride tonight, thanks! Good to meet you guys. . Ian
    Nice to meet you too.
    See you in 2 week then
    Focus First 2010
  • Likewise Smikuk !

Yeah 2 weeks French , will do if I'm free. 8)
  • Well I should be out next Friday but Ian seems to put his miss bday ahead of mtb. Can't say I understand ;-)
    Will post on mbtbritain calendar
    Focus First 2010
  • Shmikuk
    Shmikuk Posts: 117
    8) 2 weeks sounds good to me! ;)
  • Anyone for a ride this Friday 3rd of December before everything melt and turn to goo?
    Focus First 2010
  • Anybody or will that be an other solo ride for me?
    Focus First 2010