Anybody catch Adele on Later with Jools this week?

morstar
morstar Posts: 6,190
edited November 2010 in The bottom bracket
Can't say I'd paid her a lot of notice until Tuesday this week but that has now changed.
What a fantastic voice and a beautiful song to boot.

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    she was fine on the CD but I found her live sessions quite painful. Sounds like she has been getting lessons?

will iPlayer it later.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • +1, I'm poised to buy her album (I'm old fashioned me) on the basis of that one song.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,796
    +1, I'm poised to buy her album (I'm old fashioned me) on the basis of that one song.

Why not check out all the other tunes on youtube first?

See whether the quality is consistent?
  • Because I'm an impulsive fool.
  • nax-ian
    nax-ian Posts: 209
    People, guys, if you aint listened to her album, 19, by now, yer doin yer ears an injustice!
    Simply brilliant.
    Jus checked out her latest track on the "tube" with Jools, It gave me the goosebumps, like the live rendition of Hometown Glory.
    Finished
  • brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    Just heard it tonight, altho can't say iv'e heard much of her before :oops: really strong voice held me transfixed, as were the audience, very good.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    brin wrote:
    Just heard it tonight, altho can't say iv'e heard much of her before :oops: really strong voice held me transfixed, as were the audience, very good.

It was a very captivating performance. I was just pottering about with the TV on as background noise really and it I just stopped dead in my tracks to listen.
    I think Jools summed it up pretty well.