Marmotte Medical

markwb79
markwb79 Posts: 937
Hi,

I am thinking about entering Le Marmotte for the first time next year, I have read on a couple of sites about needing a medical certificate.

Do you need this before you sign up? Or can you sign up and provide the medical certificate at a later date?

Thanks in advance
Mark
Scott Addict 2011
Giant TCR 2012

Comments

• 3Pears
    3Pears Posts: 174
    Mark,

In 2009 a group of 10 of us went to La Marmotte and we entered December and presented our medical forms at signing on the day before :P
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    No. Download medical form off the Marmotte site and submit by email. Or at registration. Or not at all and ride as a Randonneur.
    Rich
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    Great, so I can still enter when it opens, and sort out the medical part at a later date.

Thanks
    Mark
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • Its a black art with these boys! lol... I got my doc to do a simple blood test etc, scanned the form in and sent it with my entry. I still got asked for it when I went to pick up my number :? My mate, who didn't do any of that never got asked. I'd cover all angles as you may or may not get asked for it. however mine also formed part of my insurance. Good luck! Its a roller-coaster! This year, after 100 miles, Alpe D'Heuz in 39'c.... :D
    “Look where you want to go. Not where you are going”
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    http://www.la-marmotte.info/GT/certificatgb.pdf

fill in, scan and email it to them
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    We have a GP in our club who's ridden La Marmotte a few times (he does it in a shade over 7 hours )
    who can sort of the medical docs for us. :)