What Wilier is this?

Mr Plum
Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
Does anyone know specifically what Wilier this is? Modle + year? Very interested to know as I suspect it's going for a song locally and I'm a bit tempted...

!B9R+dU!B2k~$(KGrHqN,!iUEzOHrQPNzBM5Vv7(pZ!~~_12.JPG
FCN 2 to 8

Comments

• Think it's a Triestina, wouldn't know what year though.
  • Mr Plum
    Just realised it's an Escape 2008, not as good value as I thought, but still a good price, much less tempted though...
    FCN 2 to 8
  • d'oh!

Doesn't it say triestina by the wilier logo?
  • Mr Plum
    d'oh!

Doesn't it say triestina by the wilier logo?

Yeah, I'm not down with my Wiliers so I'm not sure what that's about :?
    FCN 2 to 8
  • rf6
    rf6 Posts: 323
    The company name is Wilier Triestina, known as Wilier though. And they do a model called La Triestina. So not at all unnecessarily complicated!!!
  • rf6 wrote:
    The company name is Wilier Triestina, known as Wilier though. And they do a model called La Triestina. So not at all unnecessarily complicated!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhh right. I knew they made a model called La Triestina, but had no idea the company was called Wilier Triestina....

:D
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    I'm waiting for the forthcoming Coyote model...

Didn't know they were Wilier Triestina either. Learnt something new
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    The Wilier Triestina, Escape is the model below the Wilier Triestina, La Triestina. I remember seeing it for about £750ish new a year ago, compared to £1000 for the La Triestina.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    One of my favourite bike makers next to Bianchi and Kuota. One day, one day.

Anyway I check their website regularly:

http://www.wilierbikes.co.uk/2011/catalogue00.php

I'm liking the fact that they've seemingly removed the Mortiolo (which was fantastic to ride) and replaced downgraded the Izoard (which I heart) to that level/price/spec without actually changing the build quality of the Izoard frame.

Also seems the Cento has gone and they are repackaging (upgrading) the Imperiale as the top range model. Wonder if that means the proteams will get this bike now as originally they didn't they the Cento, which was supposedly better...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    One of my favourite bike makers next to Bianchi and Kuota. One day, one day.

Anyway I check their website regularly:

http://www.wilierbikes.co.uk/2011/catalogue00.php

I'm liking the fact that they've seemingly removed the Mortiolo (which was fantastic to ride) and replaced downgraded the Izoard (which I heart) to that level/price/spec without actually changing the build quality of the Izoard frame.

Also seems the Cento has gone and they are repackaging (upgrading) the Imperiale as the top range model. Wonder if that means the proteams will get this bike now as originally they didn't they the Cento, which was supposedly better...

Cento 1 is still showing at wilier.it, and in the 2011 catalogue available on that site. They wouldn't axe it, they only launched the Superleggera version this year.
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • rf6
    rf6 Posts: 323
    I treated myself to a La Triestina earlier in the year. I absolutely love it. It's one of those bikes that you look at and just want to ride.

I'm tempted to make a Campag comment, but DDD may go off on one!!!!
  • DonDaddyD
    I throw my hands up and admit that I once rode past a bike shop on the way to work, stopped and just stood outside the window gazing at a Wilier Izoard with the most lovely Chorus gruppo (groupset if Shimano, gruppo if Campag as them's the rules).

I lost 30mins as I studied every detail of its perfectly sculptured frame as though I was in some intense sex scene with the close up camera of the man's hands gently sliding his fingers across her sweet waton body.

If I bought an Izoard or any carbon Wilier then, unless I really couldn't afford it, in the first second and third instance and as an act of sheer passion I would put Campag on it - one with a carbon fibre rear mech.

But not Athena, that's for girls.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,407
    rf6 wrote:
    I treated myself to a La Triestina earlier in the year. I absolutely love it. It's one of those bikes that you look at and just want to ride.

I'm tempted to make a Campag comment, but DDD may go off on one!!!!

Too late.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • stuaff
    stuaff Posts: 1,736
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    I throw my hands up and admit that I once rode past a bike shop on the way to work, stopped and just stood outside the window gazing at a Wilier Izoard with the most lovely Chorus gruppo (groupset if Shimano, gruppo if Campag as them's the rules).

I lost 30mins as I studied every detail of its perfectly sculptured frame as though I was in some intense sex scene with the close up camera of the man's hands gently sliding his fingers across her sweet waton body.

If I bought an Izoard or any carbon Wilier then, unless I really couldn't afford it, in the first second and third instance and as an act of sheer passion I would put Campag on it - one with a carbon fibre rear mech.

But not Athena, that's for girls.

Athena doesn't have a carbon rear mech :lol:
    Dahon Speed Pro TT; Trek Portland
    Viner Magnifica '08 ; Condor Squadra
    LeJOG in aid of the Royal British Legion. Please sponsor me at http://www.bmycharity.com/stuaffleck2011
  • DonDaddyD
    No but seriously, if going buy the Mortirlo I rode they're great bikes.

I've been scalped by a guy on an Escape looked like a solid stiff and fast ride.
    Food Chain number = 4

• Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    DDD - meet my new(ish) ride:

CWIL0041RW.jpg

Currently Centaur, but with the offer Planet X have on Athena might put that on, upgrade to Fulcrum Racing 3's and hand the rest down to the Ribble - although Christmas and house improvement plans may put all bike spending on hold for a while.
  • Canny Jock wrote:
    DDD - meet my new(ish) ride:

CWIL0041RW.jpg

Currently Centaur, but with the offer Planet X have on Athena might put that on, upgrade to Fulcrum Racing 3's and hand the rest down to the Ribble - although Christmas and house improvement plans may put all bike spending on hold for a while.

SNAP!! :D

Though I've only got Veloce on mine!
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945

SNAP!! :D

Though I've only got Veloce on mine!
    Have you taken delivery? Also, happily installed in bath? (that sounds a bit wrong)
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • JonGinge wrote:
    Have you taken delivery? Also, happily installed in bath? (that sounds a bit wrong)

I certainly have! Picked it up on Tuesday from De Ver (speaking of which, Maurice is a real gent, he really sorted me out). I rode it straight into work which was interesting; first proper ride on a road bike for long long time on icy roads with my brand new carbon steed! Understandably a little tentative to begin with to get used to the posture/hand positions and also test the shifters but soon got the hang of it. Which I was thankful for as I was conscious of the freshly painted lower FCN target on my back!

In short, the phrase sh*t of a shovel springs to mind. Loving the acceleration and even in high speed cruise mode, felt there was still plenty in the tank. Can't wait to take it out and try it on some of these serious Bath hills!

Speaking of which and to your second Q, yes we are installed! :D Thanks for asking. The move went relatively stress free (as much as shipping all your worldly possesions can be) and also done the lion's share of unpacking. It is such a beautiful city and really looking forward to exploring it with relish...
    "Come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar, The Wire

FCN 4: Willier Izoard XP
    FCN 7: GT Legato 4.0

*GAME* competitor