I love Specialized and Specialized loves me.

UpTheWall
UpTheWall Posts: 207
edited November 2010 in The bottom bracket
My good old Spesh Allez had a crack in the frame. Was a most upsetting discovery, though some may argue it was less upsetting to discover it while in the workstand than on the road.

Especially sad given the hours we've spend together. 19,475 miles over 5 years. Sniff.

Anyway, just spoke with the LBS and Spesh are replacing it with a new frame. And even better, as they didn't have the same spec frame in stock I got the next one up.
The Allez is dead. Long live the Allez!

Woooooooo hooooooo!!

Only problem is now my fork won't match the new frame.

Comments

• Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Easily solved, surely, new forks...and a new groupset...and wheels would be nice too, might also be worth looking at the brakes.

Bit like Trigger with his broom "I've had the same broom for 20 years. It has had 17 new heads and 14 new handles" :)
  • Specialized after sales service/warranty?

Well, what can I say? Superb.

I had the misfortune to crash and damage my Roubaix Expert frame. Replaced, no questions. But Expert frame not available in size/colour, so offered S-Works Roubaix frame at 'cost'. Brilliant.

Earlier this year, purchased 2 x S-Works Mondo tyres. After about 1000 miles they were showing signed of unusual cracking on sidewalls. Mentioned this at Cycle show 2010 Earls Court. Told to send them in as not typical. Both tyres replaced (with better specced tyres) no question. Also 2 new inner tubes thrown in with the replacements.

Specialized afer sales service? Absolutely faultless and competitors could learn from it.

I am a 'Specialized man' and likely to remain so.
    There's no such thing as too old.
  • My Tarmac Expert developed a crack in chainstay in the summer and specialized replaced it with a Tarmac SL3 Pro frame as they didnt have an expert in stock! Even better is that it's the U.S. colour so no-one will have colour I have...well I hope not anyway :D

Cant beat Specialized and after that service and I'm now loath to change to another company.

Even better is that in a few months time I'm moving to right near their headquarters in Morgan Hill CA so I'm looking at getting some work their just for their lunchtime rides and bagel and doggy fridays!!!
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • SDK2007
    SDK2007 Posts: 782
    Specialized customer service is amazing.

I always use my local Concept store for repairs, warranty replacements and servicing.
    The staff phone to keep me updated and to let me know when the bike is ready, leave messages etc when i'm not available and can turn around a service/repair in a few days - awesome !!

Sure I've had some problems with parts but Specialized have always dealt with it quickly. I have had a warranty replacement saddle due to snapped rails after 11 months and replacement wheels after bending them

This great service is one of the reasons why I have 3 Specialized bikes and am about to but a 4th :)
  • +1 on Specialized service. I found a crack (or more like a hole?) on the underside of the chain stay my Roubaix Comp. Sent it back, with no idea what caused it, and got a replacement frame (with matching forks!) back in under a week - no charge! Top class.

Since then I have also bought a Tarmac Pro and a Langster, proving that top customer service and dealing with warranty issues in that manner really pays off for a company.

On the other hand a guy in our club recently found a very similar crack/hole in the same place on his Orbea Orca. Orbea, their UK agents and the dealer were useless - taking an eternity to deal with it and eventualy refusing to replace it and claiming he had crashed or damaged it, which was definitely not the case. Result? He will never buy another Orbea (which he likely would have done in the future), and another guy in our Sunday ride who was planning to buy an Orbea next year will also definitely not buy one. At least two high end bike sales lost for the sake of a few hundred pounds/euros for a replacement frame - quality business model!

Oh, and the 1st guy got the frame replaced through his household insurance policy and guess what - he's getting a Specialized Tarmac S-Works.
  • ScottieP
    ScottieP Posts: 599
    All these great stories of Specialized warranty care - almost make me hope my trusty Allez frame breaks - so I can upgrade. It's clocked up about 10,000km now and is still going strong - so I'm not sure I'll ever need the service. It's always good to hear stories of good warranty service though and Specialized's reputation in this regard seems to be very hard to beat.

ScottieP
    My cycling blog: http://girodilento.com/