2011 Jersey thread

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    The Leopard reveals it's spots:

img_0731_600.jpg
  • It looks better than the artwork that was released on Twitter earlier before the launch by the press core.

It is essentially a Saxo Bank rip off but I like this more than the Garmin-Cervelo attempt. This one has a cetain classy 'Rapha' simplicity to it.
    Lead, Follow, or get out of the way...

Ribble Gran Fondo
    Shimano 105
    CSN Superleggera XL50
    Speedplay X2
    Met SineThesis
    Sidi Ergo 2
    Garmin 705
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    All sponsors are in a very small font, unusual to see.
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • Can't find any pictures of it but the Mercedes they revealed as the team car in the presentation looked super hot. Even better than the Sky Jags.
    Lead, Follow, or get out of the way...

Ribble Gran Fondo
    Shimano 105
    CSN Superleggera XL50
    Speedplay X2
    Met SineThesis
    Sidi Ergo 2
    Garmin 705
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    durhamwasp wrote:
    All sponsors are in a very small font, unusual to see.

That's because they're minor sponsors, not the title sponsor. That space will be filled as soon as someone pays for it. I thought they may have had Leopard in big lettering though, like High Road did.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Can't find any pictures of it but the Mercedes they revealed as the team car in the presentation looked super hot. Even better than the Sky Jags.

I wonder how they'll fair in the team bus stakes.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • saunaboy
    saunaboy Posts: 116
    There should be away kits in cycling!! (joke)

There'll be three teams with almost identical kits this year (which I reckon is a shame) - Sky, Garmin/Cerv & Leopard all have black with a bluey trim. That doesn't count Saxo who are also very similar. HTC are hardly awash with colour either. I don't envy the commentators.

So, based on what you've seen so far...what will you be buying (if any)?
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Too much teal/turquoise in the peloton this year. Between Sky, Garmin-Cervelo, and Leopard it's hard to tell who's who.

I saw a picture of the sprint in the Aussie crits that are on now and it took 3 different shots to tell if it was Sky or G-C. Turns out it was a G-C rider.

Not a major gripe, but BC put our team through the ringer when we wanted to radically change the jersey colors, they vetoed a couple designs at first. Not major but they're looking to manage similarities. But in the proranks where it's 100% sponsorship instead of hobby/club riders, it's probably unfair to penalize a team who must please their sponsors.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Anyone got a shot of the Shack's kit? Looks like a massive improvement from last year from the small shots I've seen.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Can't find any pictures of it but the Mercedes they revealed as the team car in the presentation looked super hot. Even better than the Sky Jags.

mercedes.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    edited January 2011
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    The kit is amazing. Can't wait for some race photos of Fabian in action.

lux-three.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • the lux nation looks awesome 8)
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840
    didn't like the standard kit but the national kit looks good the way it fits the national colours in.
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • cal_stewart
    cal_stewart Posts: 1,840

mercedes.jpg

with sky rocking jags and leopard with mercs does this mean all the teams with skodas will be wanting to trade up to audis :lol:
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • frenchfighter
    Yes the kit is totally cool:
    164379_486494348045_800518045_5647408_756944_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • timmer.jpg

Thanks for the picture of the man the legend that is Albert Timmer.

Legend.
  • frenchfighter
    Mosquera
    100111ispa_0452_600.jpg
    100111ispa_0316_600.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    I like how all team cars have the numberplates from the country the team is registered in.

I doubt they will spend much time in luxembourg.
  • sonny73
    sonny73 Posts: 2,203
    Liquigas Cannondale as supplied via Mr Basso's Yfrog: http://yfrog.com/h3nn4jxj
    Also: Sugoi-Kit_Liquigas-Cannondale_Sardinia-2010-660x440.jpg
  • frenchfighter
    Another shot:
    basso.jpg

Quite a chcange to that kit. Looks more CONT than PT. Not a good look. Why are Liquigas annually giving their jerseys quite a big makeover.

Meanwwhile Geox opt for the stealth kit :lol:
    2ivjnkm.jpg

420-2011_le_nouveau_maillot_de_bretagne_schuller.jpg

Euskaltel keep it simple:
    201118182545_cas_untitled1.JPG

Shiny black on the Leopard kit doesn't look so good here in full daylight. Not really liking the helmets either:
    bontrager%2Bhelmet.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • sonny73
    One more Liquigas, the 2011 Giro and Tour winners together maybe?

0LETO1IG--620x300.jpg
  • Anyone got a shot of the Shack's kit? Looks like a massive improvement from last year from the small shots I've seen.

2011-rs-kit.png

The best around really, from that $10,000 video challenge thing
  • frenchfighter
    Thanks. That is the only snippet I've seen too.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    I suppose Leopard are hoping Chinny puts in some big performances in April and they can then attract some sponsors.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    I'm finding the Liquigas jersey to be rather tame compared to previous efforts. Such a shame :(

Jerseys are very boring this year. "Smart and Corporate" appears to be the theme this year.
  • sonny73
    Radioshack, Twitter on there!

trsjersey_front_600.gif
  • brettjmcc
    brettjmcc Posts: 1,361
    rebs wrote:
    I'm finding the Liquigas jersey to be rather tame compared to previous efforts.

Agreed, last year's was way better IMO, and also probably easier to be seen on the road too...
    BMC GF01
    Quintana Roo Cd01
    Project High End Hack
    Cannondale Synapse SL (gone)
    I like Carbon
  • I really like the 'Shack one much as I dont want to!