blackhands
blackhands Posts: 950
edited December 2010 in Track
Anyone off to the Ghent 6 then?

Comments

• risi
    risi Posts: 231
    Yes. Sat/Sun only though.
    Going to find a bit of the tour of flanders route around Oudenaarde on monday before coming home.

The teams are up if you haven't already seen:

http://sport.be.msn.com/z6sdaagse/2010/nl/deelnemers/

No word on the 'entertainment' as yet. Last year's break featuring Eddy Wally was a cue for a mass exodus to the bar/food stands.
    Specialized Allez
    Trek 6500
  • might see you there, if i can get out of the washing up ..
  • sadly not able to go after checking the train travel sncf want over 275 euros return but formula 1 motel is only 40 euro,s...

have a good time..
  • Posting for my parents as mum is in hospital and can't go. For sale- a pair of tickets for each day of the event. The tickets were 18euros each for each day. Hotel booking also available- double room.
    Anyone Interested?
  • APIII
    APIII Posts: 2,010
    I went this year. Not sure who the entertainment was, but it was dire :lol:
    Worth it just to see the old derny riders.

5220763137_0efda3401a.jpg
    Ghent 6 Day, on Flickr
  • I went as well, what a fabulous spectacle annd an incredible track.

The singing entertainment was Garry Hagger, after so many beers I thought he was starting to sound pretty good.

I have to say the guys competing really earn their corn. There was a lot of riding and just watching each night was exhausting.

I went to the Tour of Flanders museum in Oudenarde as well. What a place! Got a piccy with Freddy Maertens.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • watched the live feed.
    beeeeeautiful..
    but damn all the Euro Pop.
    Europe is so far behind,music-wise
  • alanf
    alanf Posts: 222
    I went I thought Garry Hagger was gonna have a coronary at one point, bit of a FB and sweating more than the riders. Great weekend though, we went to Koksjide for the world cup - god what a hard course and freezing cold as well. Just trying to get rid of the acne now from all the frites!
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOUGHNUTS!!!
    I like
    DOOOOOOOOOOOOUGHNUTS!!!