Surface snugflex hoody - anyone got one?

hatbeard
hatbeard Posts: 1,087
edited November 2010 in Commuting general
was trying on jackets at the LBS today and this one caught my attention.

just curious what it's like to ride in and how it copes with a typical rainy british day (more than a mist of rain but not torrential)

anyone who has one got any insights for me?
Hat + Beard

Comments

• I've got one but haven't actually worn it yet for anything more extreme than short journeys in very light rain.

I got it because it doesn't look like cycling gear so if I'm going out to see friends or to the pub I can wear it on the bike and inside (unlike, say, my Altura hi-viz jacket which looks a bit silly inside...) I've worn it plenty of times when going out without my bike as well.
  • hatbeard
    cheers.

am going to try it on again tonight when I pick up my bike after it's 6-week service and will make my decision then.
    Hat + Beard
  • hatbeard
    After trying on almost every jersey/jacket/windbreaker in the shop I eventually walked away with the surface hoody.

Wore it out the shop and it was plenty comfortable on the ride home, I was actually a little disappointed the rain had just stopped but the few droplets of rain that got on it seemed to just sit on the 'surface' of the jacket so I'm sure it'll cope with some light rain no problems.

must admit I felt a little more 'vulnerable' wearing brown rather than my fluro so I might get a hi-viz strap or something just to make me a little less uneasy about my visibility on the commute home but it's not the end of the world.

all in all so far so good and I'm sitting in the office with it still on as we speak. :D
    Hat + Beard
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Love mine, got the black one, perfect for short trips to the gym/supermarket/pub.

Infact I also have the Surface Aquaphobic jacket and surface shorts. :lol:

Might invest in another pair of the shorts in a different colour.

I wish more brands made cycling gear that you can wear down the pub and nobody has a clue. I get bemused looks when people ask about the jacket, erm yes sir, I got it from wiggle!