Endura Racing Team and other GB teams

timturpinfleck
timturpinfleck Posts: 59
edited November 2010 in Pro race
Endura have announced there line-up:

Rob Hayles, Ian Wilkinson, Rob Partridge, Callum Wilkinson, Evan Oliphant, James Moss,
Scott Thwaites, Dave Clarke (from Pendragon)

Rene Mandri, Estonia (from AG2R)
Maarten De Jonge, Netherlands
Alexandre Blain, France
Jack Bauer, New Zealand
Iker Camano, Spain
Jack Anderson, Australia (from Team Sprocket)
Paul Voss, Germany from Milram
Alexander Wetterhall, Sweden (from Team Sprocket/ stagiere Cervelo TestTeam)

http://new.britishcycling.org.uk/road/a ... a-Racing-0

Good to see Blain and Bauer re-signing and Camano committing to 2 years. Wetterhall seems a very good prospect and I guess Brian Smith has probably helped in signing him. Paul Voss has to be one of the best foreign prospects to have sign for a domestic team, having ridden 2 weeks of the Giro and completing the Vuelta this year not to mention his win on the first stage of Catalunya. Add to this a respected coach in Alex Sans Vega who has a lot of experience coaching and Endura look to be building a team that can compete at a higher level. Also really looking forward to seeing how Dave Clarke can perform in a bigger team and the bigger races.

Have to be an example of what can be achieved and hopefully Team Raleigh and maybe others will be at this level in 1-2 years.

Comments

• mroli
    mroli Posts: 3,622
    I thought Endura fronted up well this year, Blain appeared to be class and Bauer must be being looked at by top teams I would have thought.

I'm glad they're looking to progress - certainly showed the way forward for some UK teams.
  • I think there was talk of Bauer moving elsewhere, but it probably shows how good this team is that he has stayed put.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Nice to see Wetterhall has a team; I think Gerard Vroomen was talking him up on Twitter recently and hoping to drum up some interest in him.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,646
    I'm a fan of clarke
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    I'm a fan of clarke

Me too....good to see him in a strong team for next year :D

Looks like a strong lineup for them next year-suprised to see Rob Hayles still riding though, didnt do too much racing this year.
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    Rob was doing some team management this season, but he'll be riding more next season. He's training with Cav in LA this week.
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • jack anderson who was with sprocket last season is a very good rider too, as is Alex, it seems the British teams are starting to spend the money they have on more than fancy cars which can only be good for cycling in Britain as a whole. Motorpoint, Rapha, Endura and Sigma all seem to have good squads next year, looking forward to the tour series
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    Sigma Sports team:
    http://new.britishcycling.org.uk/road/a ... ma-Sport-0

Shame, I had hoped that Simon Richardson might have been picked up by a bigger team.

The Motorpoint Marshalls Pasta team is up on BC too.
  • add to those that fact that Magnus Backstedt is riding again with his UK youth team is will be mega
  • Is this the same Rene Madri that Dave Harmon always waxed lyrical about on Eurosport?
  • Tobyn Horton riding for Motorpoint should be well up there in races like rutland and the Tour series
  • add to those that fact that Magnus Backstedt is riding again with his UK youth team is will be mega

I'm looking to seeing who else signs for this team given that the best Willier/Sprocket riders have gone to Motorpoint and Endura.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Winnie seems to be doing a good job there - decent blend of British and foreign pros and differing levels of experience. They put in some good races last season including a good ToB. Nice to see the British pro season so vibrant, it's probably the strongest the domestic scene has been since the late 80s / early 90s.
  • Pross wrote:
    Winnie seems to be doing a good job there - decent blend of British and foreign pros and differing levels of experience. They put in some good races last season including a good ToB. Nice to see the British pro season so vibrant, it's probably the strongest the domestic scene has been since the late 80s / early 90s.

If the Tour Series and ToB remain then hopefully it will become even stronger. Endura have shown how investing in this team can benefit both their business and British cycling, so hopefully they will be successful this season and be a model example for other teams and cycling related businesses.
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    I'm a fan of clarke

+ 1

Looking forwards to seeing how he gets on with a stronger team - he showed real strength at the nationals.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    Is this the same Rene Madri that Dave Harmon always waxed lyrical about on Eurosport?

I think that's probably the other Estonian, Taaramae... but Mandri is clearly no slouch if he's done 4 years with AG2R. His palmares is a bit lacking in wins, but he must be a hard worker and he'll give Endura some name recognition if they want to get more invites to continental races.
  • Thanks, Brian

I thought I had read somewhere a while ago that there was going to be a development team, so thanks for putting this link up.

You are putting together a very professional set-up at Endura and it is nice to see you building strong foundations for the future with this team (more so that a lot of the Pro-Tour teams). Hopefully this team can eventually go on to be as successful as the Cervelo Test team that you helped put together.

I look forward to following Endura next season and hope Dave Clarke in particular can step up a level (he was a rider that would have relished this year's Tour of Britain).

Best of luck to you and the team for next year.
  • dulldave
    dulldave Posts: 949
    BrianS wrote:
    Also...

Development team

http://www.braveheartcyclingfund.com/News.asp?Nid=300

and more to come....

I was wondering how long it'd be before we'd see Robbie Hassan in an Endura jersey.
    Scottish and British...and a bit French
  • BrianS
    BrianS Posts: 112
    Thanks, Brian

I thought I had read somewhere a while ago that there was going to be a development team, so thanks for putting this link up.

You are putting together a very professional set-up at Endura and it is nice to see you building strong foundations for the future with this team (more so that a lot of the Pro-Tour teams). Hopefully this team can eventually go on to be as successful as the Cervelo Test team that you helped put together.

I look forward to following Endura next season and hope Dave Clarke in particular can step up a level (he was a rider that would have relished this year's Tour of Britain).

Best of luck to you and the team for next year.

Thanks...

The hard work of Winnie and Alex starts now!