Victoria Pendleton on collective responsibility.

mybreakfastconsisted
mybreakfastconsisted Posts: 1,018
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
It's strange, would someone extolling the pleasure of driving feel the need to point out that they never speed or drive drunk?

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard- ... s-world.do

But are her fellow cyclists responsible road users?

�here are a lot of people who cycle well and there are a lot of people who don't follow the rules of the road. People are always very quick to accuse the cyclist of making the mistakes and there are a lot of cyclists who do run red lights. However, I never do that, ever.

I'm not a rule-breaker by nature, I just can't do it.

� get a lot of grief on the road �people shouting abuse out of car windows or telling me to get out the way. It is hard on the roads. Drivers and cyclists are always against the other. It would be nicer if people could all be a little bit more open-minded.�/p>

End quote.

Oh, sorry for formatting, Polish keyboard.

In Poland, not Mr Sheen.

Comments

• Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    It's strange, would someone extolling the pleasure of driving feel the need to point out that they never speed or drive drunk?

She was interviewed by a London paper.

No doubt the interviewer pushed her on the subject of red light jumpers.
  • It would be a strange interview if Jensen Button was asked whether he defends speeding drivers on public roads, no?
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    It would be a strange interview if Jensen Button was asked whether he defends speeding drivers on public roads, no?

Yep, it would be strange indeed. But way more people drive cars than ride bikes, so cycling will always seem a strange and alternative thing to do by most. Cyclists in this country will always be in the "outgroup". The RLJing thing is irritating and banal, but its not surprising.

Such is life...
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    I'm pretty sure men don't cry at work... certainly if they want to be taken seriously
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I wonder if she ever heckles back? I'd imagine having an Olympian shout at you would make most drivers feel pretty cockish...
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    A rather slanted interview.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • Mihir Bose is a very average journalist imho
    <a>road</a>
  • Mihir Bose is a very average journalist imho
    You flatter him. Seriously.
    N00b commuter with delusions of competence

FCN 11 - If you scalp me, do I not bleed?
  • I wonder if she ever heckles back? I'd imagine having an Olympian shout at you would make most drivers feel pretty cockish...

I imagine most drivers wouldn't have a clue who she is!