Man down DSC eastwards

MonkeyMonster
MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,629
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
Was already being dealt with by medic dude and had other cyclists with him. Moving legs and body. Hope you're alright dude. Two big black audi's were nearby...
Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]

Comments

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Was already being dealt with by medic dude and had other cyclists with him. Moving legs and body. Hope you're alright dude. Two big black audi's were nearby...
    Was still there when I went through. An ambulance and a few marked police cars had arrived and had formed a cordon. Ambulance crew were fitting a neck brace as I went past. Hope it's just precautionary.

Take care peeps.
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    DSC?
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • CXXC
    CXXC Posts: 237
    death star canyon

www.redlightjump.co.uk

FCN 3 (FCN 4 if I'm carrying clean pants)
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Death star canyon?
  • The long straight outside Dolphin Square, more or less in the middle of the stretch between the north side of Vauxhall Bridge and the north side of Chelsea Bridge.

So called because some time ago, at the beginning of the eastern end of the straight, roadworks were in play, taking out the l/hand land and closing it off with metal fencing. Things could get pretty tight in there....
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • PBo
    Greg66 wrote:
    The long straight outside Dolphin Square, more or less in the middle of the stretch between the north side of Vauxhall Bridge and the north side of Chelsea Bridge.

So called because some time ago, at the beginning of the eastern end of the straight, roadworks were in play, taking out the l/hand land and closing it off with metal fencing. Things could get pretty tight in there....

yeah, but did you get your missile in the exhaust vent?

(NOT a euphemism btw!)
  • jonginge
    edited November 2010
    PBo wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    The long straight outside Dolphin Square, more or less in the middle of the stretch between the north side of Vauxhall Bridge and the north side of Chelsea Bridge.

(NOT a euphemism btw!)
    negative, negative. It didn't go in. It just impacted on the surface.

I always snurk at that bit of dialogue

Edit: Anyway, I hope the fallen rider is ok.
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    Is this the same incident discussed in iSCR?
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Saw it happen, it was the lovely Pearlescent Dolan too. He appeared to clip his front wheel on another rider's pedal during an overtake and went over his handlebars hard. Must have been going 24mph+. Sobering stuff :S
  • jonginge
    :shock:
    Take care when overtaking, chaps. If you don't have the room then don't go
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • Sewinman wrote:

Is iSCR a typo? I like iSCR...
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    JonGinge wrote:
    PBo wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

(NOT a euphemism btw!)

I always snurk at that bit of dialogue

Edit: Anyway, I hope the fallen rider is ok.

You can only hit the vent if you turn off your cycle computer.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • yeah, same incident.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    Sewinman wrote:

Yeah it was, but it would look good on a cycling jersey - to let people know you play.
  • PBo
    Sewinman wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

Yeah it was, but it would look good on a cycling jersey - to let people know you play.

is iSCR the Apple version of SCR?
  • jonginge
    PBo wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

SCR on carbon superbikes but otherwise not being Flash?
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    JonGinge wrote:
    PBo wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:
    Sewinman wrote:

SCR on carbon superbikes but otherwise not being Flash?

tumblr_kq10jodiP91qzn2owo1_500.jpg

Oops, wrong Flash.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    notsoblue wrote:
    Saw it happen, it was the lovely Pearlescent Dolan too. He appeared to clip his front wheel on another rider's pedal during an overtake and went over his handlebars hard. Must have been going 24mph+. Sobering stuff :S

Seriously? That's pretty careless. Hope he's alright nonetheless, but there'd be outrage if a car hit a cyclist from behind...
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...
  • JonGinge wrote:
    PBo wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

(NOT a euphemism btw!)

There may have been one or two occasions when I have swept into the DSC, breathed noisily through clenched teeth for effect, and said "I have him now!"

So far, no one has sent me spinning off into the distance at that point.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • TommyEss wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:

Seriously? That's pretty careless.

Yeah, 'tis really isn't it. If that's actually the case then the guy is a complete plonker. What happened to the other rider?
  • PBo
    Greg66 wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    PBo wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

(NOT a euphemism btw!)

There may have been one or two occasions when I have swept into the DSC, breathed noisily through clenched teeth for effect, and said "I have him now!"

I've recently introduced my 4 year old son to the joys of episode IV, V, and VI. (He can watch I, II and III when he's old enough to make his own decision...... :roll: ) For Xmas, he has a spring loaded, humming, glowing light saber that is f*cking-A! (I keep saying that I need one too so he has someone to play with, but I don't believe that my cries are being taken seriously). Although he's a bit young for the voice changing DV mask (and it's a bit 'spenny )he also has a Darth Vader costume that does the heavy breathing sound.

Man, I can't WAIT for Xmas!!!!
  • Sc00bs
    Sc00bs Posts: 27
    Bit harsh to call him a plonker without knowing what involvement the other rider had surely? Could have veered into the overtaker with no notice or warning, or with a car also overtaking at same point - end result = nowhere to go and inevitable accident.
    Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.
    Albert Einstein
  • Sc00bs
    PBo wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    PBo wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

(NOT a euphemism btw!)

!

I've recently introduced my 4 year old son to the joys of episode IV, V, and VI. (He can watch I, II and III when he's old enough to make his own decision...... :roll: ) For Xmas, he has a spring loaded, humming, glowing light saber that is f*cking-A! (I keep saying that I need one too so he has someone to play with, but I don't believe that my cries are being taken seriously). Although he's a bit young for the voice changing DV mask (and it's a bit 'spenny )he also has a Darth Vader costume that does the heavy breathing sound.

Christmas is ACE again once you have kids :) All them new toys for us blokes, I mean our kids, to play with
    Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.
    Albert Einstein
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    TommyEss wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:

Seriously? That's pretty careless.

Yeah, 'tis really isn't it. If that's actually the case then the guy is a complete plonker. What happened to the other rider?

The other rider was totally unscathed.
  • Sc00bs wrote:
    Bit harsh to call him a plonker without knowing what involvement the other rider had surely? Could have veered into the overtaker with no notice or warning, or with a car also overtaking at same point - end result = nowhere to go and inevitable accident.

Now now, I did say 'if that's what actually happened'...
  • Sc00bs wrote:
    PBo wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:
    JonGinge wrote:
    PBo wrote:
    Greg66 wrote:

(NOT a euphemism btw!)

!

Christmas is ACE again once you have kids :) All them new toys for us blokes, I mean our kids, to play with

Oh yes. When 66 major was very little, she would watch Toy Story and Toy Story 2 to international level. One morning, I set the alarm to 3.55am so that I could snipe a win on an ebay auction for the pukka US version of Woody.

Duly won, delivered, and presented on Xmas morning. To massive tears, as she thought that if Woody was in our house he wouldn't be in the film any more.

Oh well...

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Sc00bs
    That's brilliant Greg! Kids and their sense of logic :D

l-i-t - wasn't having a pop as such and I misread you slightly - apols.
    Albert Einstein
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,408
    Greg66 wrote:

You need a facemask for the full effect.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    This sounds more like the Keirin as opposed to SCR.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • jonginge
    cjcp wrote:
    This sounds more like the Keirin as opposed to SCR.
    I propose that Mr Burns should subtly change his name by deed poll
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides