2»

Comments

• Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    kelsen wrote:
    ellieb wrote:
    But it doesn't matter now.

Yes we know. But what happened? :shock:

I was around (under the name Striker) when this place was called Cycling+. There was a mass exodus triggered off by the mods banning one of the long time members for posting something which I cannot recall. They ended up in a forum set up by another disgruntled ex-forum member. As far as I know, that then resulted in another mass exodus, for reasons I do not know, to another cycling forum.

That's the extent of my knowledge. Not much help really.

I think over time people get bored of the clique on this forum and find pastures new.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    all forums are cliques....not special to this one....
  • Clarion
    Clarion Posts: 223
    In a bit more detail:

Two members got banned from C+ (one arguably reasonably; the other outrageously).

A lot of members protested, but the mods/admin were intransigent.

There existed another forum, set up by an individual, where a great many members of C+ also visited.

So a lot of people gave up on C+ and went to a place which seemed a bit more democratic and member-led.

Over time, that became less & less, but the crucial dispute there was when the admin/owner tried to ban the use of smilies :roll:

The owner decided to abandon the forum, which made life difficult because no one had the access rights to do the normal admin stuff.

Because of increasing outages, someone created a forum to use as a lifeboat if the thing went tits up, but most people just moved across anyway. The new forum is very democratic and very member-led. Many members there are also over here, now that C+ has been reinvented as BikeRadar, which seems to be a much better administered forum.

Bit dull, really, wasn't it?
    Riding on 531
  • I still blame you though Clarion...

especially for DDD. He's definitely your fault.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Clarion
    Clarion Posts: 223
    Oh yeah. That's my fault, I admit that.
    Riding on 531
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    PBo wrote:

Your kidding this forum is like a closed shop! :lol:
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    PBo wrote:

it is, you are right- its a road cyclists closed shop
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,408
    Have to say, I found it fairly easy to fit in. I found the SCR thread after reading an article in Cycling+, lurked for a while, made an attempt at starting a thread (which was ignored because it wasn't very interesting), so posted a few comments on other threads and it went from there. Didn't have to pass any sort of humiliating initiation ritual or anything.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,355
    MOST BORING THREAD EVER!
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Greg T
    Greg T Posts: 3,266
    spen666 wrote:
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    PBo wrote:

YOU'RE KIDDING

IT'S A CLOSED SHOP

You see - ride a hybrid and lose your sense of pedantry as well as humour
    Fixed gear for wet weather / hairy roadie for posing in the sun.

What would Thora Hurd do?
  • spen666
    Greg T wrote:
    spen666 wrote:
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    PBo wrote:

YOU'RE KIDDING

IT'S A CLOSED SHOP

You see - ride a hybrid and lose your sense of pedantry as well as humour

never mind losing your sense of pedantry as well as humour, ride a hybrid and lose your sense of dignity and self respect

Twittering @spen_666
  • spen666
    rjsterry wrote:
    Have to say, I found it fairly easy to fit in. I found the SCR thread after reading an article in Cycling+, lurked for a while, made an attempt at starting a thread (which was ignored because it wasn't very interesting), so posted a few comments on other threads and it went from there. Didn't have to pass any sort of humiliating initiation ritual or anything.

That's because you've not been truly accepted yet - you need to pass the frame fit bicycle pump sideways test at the Morpeth initiation ceremony

BTW- They won't even tell me where the Morpeth is

Twittering @spen_666
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    spen666 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

That's because you've not been truly accepted yet - you need to pass the frame fit bicycle pump sideways test at the Morpeth initiation ceremony

http://goo.gl/maps/E8QA
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    spen666 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

Terry iz dwn wid da man dem!

Brap!!!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • kelsen
    kelsen Posts: 2,003
    edited November 2010
    notsoblue wrote:
    spen666 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

No, no, no! It's here Spen... Morpeth Arms
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Who is this Terry chap? Never heard of 'im
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    kelsen wrote:
    notsoblue wrote:
    spen666 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:

No, no, no! It's here Spen... Morpeth Arms

Yeah, thats the one, sorry. You can tell from the user reviews: "It was friendly, relaxed and non judgemental." I bet they even admit 'Hybridians'. :wink:
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    JonGinge wrote:
    Who is this Terry chap? Never heard of 'im

Reginald James Squire-Trerry

rjsterry init
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rjsterry
    DanDoddyD wrote:

Brap!!!

:roll: Yeah beats me.
    Pinnacle Monzonite

• W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    rjsterry wrote:
    DanDoddyD wrote:

Brap!!!

What? So it's not R J Sterry?
  • rjsterry
    W1 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    DanDoddyD wrote:

Brap!!!

What? So it's not R J Sterry?

Shhhhh! You'll blow my cover.
    Pinnacle Monzonite