Vittoria Randonneur City Tyres

symo
symo Posts: 1,743
edited November 2010 in Commuting general
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/vittoria-randonneur-city-tyre/

Any experiences, like the look of them in 32 to replace the speed 35's
+++++++++++++++++++++
we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.

Comments

• Excellent tyre, I'm running 28s on a daily commute which takes in tarmac, towpath, hardpack and cobbles.

I swapped to these after suffering multiple punctures in early autumn from thorns, after a few hundred miles I haven't had a single problem and have been confident to leave a pump/repair kit/tube at home on a few occasions.

Great value, quick, puncture resistant tyre which does what the reviews say.
    'nulla tenaci invia est via'
    FCN4
    Boardman HT Pro fully X0'd
    CUBE Peleton 2012
    Genesis Aether 20 all season commuter
  • rf6
    rf6 Posts: 323
    I agree. Run a pair on my fixie. Good levels of grip, roll fairly quickly. There's nothing not to like about them.
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    Interesting - been thinking about these for my winter commute, what's the wet road grip like? Have you compared them to 25c slicks (looking at the 28's).
  • rf6
    rf6 Posts: 323
    I run 28's. I've found the grip fine in the wet. It seems to shift a fair bit of water.

In terms of comparison I run 23 and 25 slicks on other bikes. The grip level is not quite as good, but in reality if it's wet you won't be going full on and should find they are fine.

You also get some reassurance from the p resistance.

In my opinion they offer very good value for money and I would recommend them.