Knee support advice request

jonny_trousers
jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
I'm planning on getting a knee support to restrict the rotational movement of my left knee post accident and, as I hope I am that far off getting on a bike again, I would like something that could add a little support while I am riding too. Any thoughts? There's just too many out there to choose from.

Comments

• Ok so I just found an old thread on this very subject and it looks as though a knee support for cycling is not much help. I will therefore get something fairly general for when I need it and just be careful when I get back to cycling.
  • ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    I tried a few things in the lead up to last year's Marmotte, as my knee was in all sorts of bother.

Not a great deal helped while riding, tbh, apart from a bit of Tubigrip. Didn't offer much in the way of support, but it helped keep the joint warm, which helped a bit.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • prb007
    prb007 Posts: 703
    http://www.prosportuk.com/sports/injury ... ports.html

might be a bit sweaty - but will keep the winter cold out and provide a bit of support.

Your local 'ChavSports' might have something similar (Sports Direct, JJB etc), I bought
    a couple of 'Lonsdale' branded ones with an open-knee design for about £4 each a while back and they are good for bike, run, gym etc.

or maybe these.........
    http://www.southwatercycles.com/smsimg/ ... eve-19.jpg
    If Wales was flattened out, it'd be bigger than England!
    Planet X Ti Sportive for Sportives & tours
    Orange Alpine 160 for Afan,Alps & dodging trees
    Singlespeed Planet X Kaffenback for dodging potholes
    An On-One Inbred for hard-tail shenanigans...