Frimley Information Request

symo
symo Posts: 1,743
edited November 2010 in Commuting general
Hi all,

Swanky high paying new job forces me from Devon to Frimley area. Thinking of moving to Fleet and wondering if there are any good routes known to Frimley.

I can manage 10 miles on the day one single speed before I wish I had gears so looking at all location around that distance.
+++++++++++++++++++++
we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.

Comments

• Peyote
    Peyote Posts: 2,189
    Fleet to Frimley? You should be able to do all of that on the Basingstoke Canal towpath. It can get a bit muddy in wet weather/winter, but shouldn't be too bad, especially on a singlespeed.

Other than that then you can easily cut through Farnborough from Fleet (round the back of the airport the roads are fine, and there are cycle lanes if that's your thing), then once in Farnborough, head towards Farnborough North Railway Station, over the dual carriageway, through the path cutting through the Hatches fishing lakes and you'll end up on the edge of Frimley Green.

So there's a couple of options, all the best!
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Thanks, Canal Path looks good, although we are looking at Fleet to live so could make it 15miles of (albeit) flat commuting. Possible it may be a bit much on the SS though, time for a new bike perhaps? :twisted:
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.