crank bros candy 3 anyone?

bobpzero
bobpzero Posts: 1,431
edited November 2010 in MTB general
anyone else got them? and whats with the 15degree and a 20 degree cleat release angle?

Comments

• Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    I've got several sets of crank bros clipless. Not sure what you're asking but the release angle is just a matter of preference. Put the cleats on one way and it's 15 degrees, the other way it's 20. I go 15.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    The release angle changes if you swap the cleat with the dots from right pedal to left.Just a personal preference really.
  • bobpzero
    bobpzero Posts: 1,431
    i think what was confusing me was the "cleat with the two circles on your right shoe means 15degree release angle on both feet"
    then if you put the cleat with the two circles on left shoe its 20degree release angle on both.

how can the release angle be the same for both?
  • wobbem
    wobbem Posts: 283
    Because they are shaped slightly differently and depending on which dot is on which foot varies the release angle. I love em but now using the eggbeaters at 15 deg, my candys were the older ones and the bearings needed replacing evey 6months, easy job but still...... so far these new ones are still going strong, and still work in the glup mud.
    Don't think, BE: