Garmin Edge 800

saprkzz
saprkzz Posts: 592
edited November 2010 in MTB general
Anyone else taken delivery of the Garmin 800?

The bottom of the unit has the rubber seals to protect the usb ports but you need to press it really firmly a couple of times for it to secure in place.

Spoke with their technical dept. and he said "I do agree that is take 2 or 3 attempts to secure it" and said that this need to be in place to protect the unit from water etc.. but didnt mention any other help or advice. I am a bit worried about using this in the winter now :roll: :roll:

Has anyone else had the same issue that has been running a 705 or alike?

Cheers

Comments

• Wouldn't you only really be using usb to charge and download tracks, though?

I mean, its not like you'll be out in the wilds needing to open the ports?

What I'm saying is: is it really an issue? And you've said that you've noticed it- as you're now aware of it, you aren't likely to leave them ajar, are you?

Or am i missing your point entirely?
  • SDK2007
    SDK2007 Posts: 782
    It's the same on the Edge 500 and i've been through some very wet MTB rides with no problems.
  • saprkzz
    saprkzz Posts: 592
    yes cycle, the rubber seal wont push into the port, so keep popping back out leaving a gap, you have to push it 2 or 3 times hard to keep it in place.

SDK, thanks, a little reassurance, i am taking it out tonight and it raining, so fingers crossed :)