Caroline Flint MP

2»

Comments

• Nick Griffin

Back in the day I despised Kenneth Baker and now George Osborne reminds me of him.
    No-one wanted to eat Patagonia Toothfish so they renamed it Chilean Sea Bass and now it's in danger of over fishing!
  • waddlie
    waddlie Posts: 542
    SimonAH wrote:
    OK, Amanda Knox if we're on dreadul people that we would......and by golly she'd look like a plaster's radio if someone gave me her cell key for half an hour.....

Did that come out loud?

Perhaps it shouldn't have...
    Rules are for fools.
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    SimonAH wrote:
    golly she'd look like a plaster's radio if someone gave me her cell key for half an hour.....

Did that come out loud?

PMSL :lol:
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Sarah Palin - partly self loathing because I would....

I hate her more because I'm not sure why...

:shock:

Never has the phrase 'no accounting for taste' seemed so inadequate.

sarah_palin_ap.jpg

1). Pencil skirt suit
    2). Dark tights
    3). Round toe heels
    4) Leave the glasses on
    5). Drop the hair
    6). Stop her from speaking

And

Phhhhaaaoooorrrr!

It's my women in suits and 'office wear' thing... I can't escape it....

It's not just you DDD. Used to spend hours when I worked at Aldgate station 'out on a job' at the top of the star at liverpool street just watching the women in their tight business suits! :lol:
    FCN 7

FCN 4

if you use irrational measures to measure me, expect me to behave irrationally to measure up
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,408
    Ginjafro wrote:
    article-1279558-09914B40000005DC-474_468x325.jpg
    Sontaran

Yeah, I'm not sure that particular neckline was a good idea, but it's got naff all to do with whether she's any good at her job.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • Sewinman
    Sewinman Posts: 2,131
    Greg66 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    I've always suspected that a lot of the ire directed at Harriet Harman, Hazel Blears, Jacqui Smith and others is just plain old fashioned sexism dressed up as politics. I do find Theresa May slightly creepy, but nothing stronger.

Smith is the economics teacher who was allowed to run the Home Office, right? She was out of her depth big time. That would have been my view had she been a man. In fact, I have empirical evidence to prove that statement. Who (TF) thinks it is a good idea to make a postie the Shadow Chancellor. Presumably not said postie, who asked for an economics primer on day 1? Not from Smith though.

Harperson is terrible. Just awful. Even Mandy loathed her, and the Prince of Darkness must have some spectacularly awful minions to choose from.

Hardly any of the ministers are experts though...so her having some economics probably gives her more relevant knowledge than most ministers. From what I can tell George Osbourne has never had a real job!
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,408
    Greg66 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    I've always suspected that a lot of the ire directed at Harriet Harman, Hazel Blears, Jacqui Smith and others is just plain old fashioned sexism dressed up as politics. I do find Theresa May slightly creepy, but nothing stronger.

Smith is the economics teacher who was allowed to run the Home Office, right? She was out of her depth big time. That would have been my view had she been a man. In fact, I have empirical evidence to prove that statement. Who (TF) thinks it is a good idea to make a postie the Shadow Chancellor. Presumably not said postie, who asked for an economics primer on day 1? Not from Smith though.

Harperson is terrible. Just awful. Even Mandy loathed her, and the Prince of Darkness must have some spectacularly awful minions to choose from.

So, because I cleaned hospitals for a holiday job, I shouldn't ever be let loose on anything more challenging? What a surprise: some of those in the Labour party come from blue collar backgrounds rather than Oxbridge via a short career in the City.

I'd agree that Johnson seems to have been made shadow chancellor more to the other Miliband's supporters on side than because he's the best economist in the Labour party, but that's not a practice confined to Labour, nor is it anything to do with him having once worked as a postman.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Two people I can't stand:

George Osborne
    Diane Abbot

Both of them represent the worst of their parties.
  • Pep wrote:
    Russel Brand
    +1
  • BigJimmyB
    BigJimmyB Posts: 1,302
    Every politician is a self-serving, power-hungry kn0bwit, why single any particular one out? :lol:
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    BigJimmyB wrote:
    Every politician is a self-serving, power-hungry kn0bwit, why single any particular one out? :lol:

+1 But some are worse than others.

Sarah Palin ain't nothing special, just well groomed. Typical American female politician, style over substance. Dubya was connections over substance (just so you don't all think I'm hating on political lady Yanks).

Madeline Albright was a notable exception. I'm sure there are others.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • DDD - You could just fancy Tina Fey. Whether or not you have her doing her impression of Sarah Palin whilst you pedal off in to the distance is up to you.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Every time I see her engaged in a debate I'm left thinking she's the one making most sense.

But...

I used to think that about the Liberals, I guess power corrupts.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Waddlie wrote:
    cjcp wrote:
    Tony Blair. I think he just about shaves Ed Balls...

Re 7/7, was that Jo Moore or somebody. But, I agree, I can't stand her.

Thats her, cap doffed in your direction.

and can I add Teresa May to the list, awful harridan

Ermm... I think you'l find BuryingBadNewsGate actually related to 9/11...

But apart from the wrong person and wrong terror attack, I was spot on, :)

To redress my anti lady MP bias so far, Danny Akexander, deluded acolyte (pronounced tory gimp) and being put up as the face of financial cuttery to protect the organ grinders
  • DDD - You could just fancy Tina Fey. Whether or not you have her doing her impression of Sarah Palin whilst you pedal off in to the distance is up to you.

I'd have her do Liz Lemon instead.
    FCN - 10
    Cannondale Bad Boy Solo with baggies.
  • georgee
    georgee Posts: 537
    Ben Fogle
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    For those that *LOVE Sarah Palin:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11754702

She even gets her legs out.......*you'll go blind!!!!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 61,174
    W1 wrote:
    Blears

Prescott

Livingstone
    Add Hattie Harperson to that list.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]