Marin Attack Trail - 2008

jasonw311
jasonw311 Posts: 11
edited November 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Hi - New to the Forum. Here is my 2008 Attack Trail which have owned for nearly three years. Have gradually upgraded / replaced parts / components from new.

It's the only Mountain Bike I have ever owned so I don't know how it compares to other bikes. All I know is it rides fantastic for a 6' 3'', 16 1/2 stone lump like me!!

Spec as follows:
Frame: Marin Attack Trail 2008 Large
Forks: 2008 Rockshox Pike 454 Air U-Turn
Bars: Gravity Light 711mm
Stem: Thompson 4x 90mm

Brakes: Hope Mono M4
Shifters: Shimano XTR
Front Mech: Shimano XTR
Rear Mech: Shimano XT Shadow

Seat: Fizik Gobi
Seat Post: Thomson Elite Layback 410mm
Seat Post Clamp: Hope

Cranks: Shimano M970 XTR 175mm
Chain: SRAM PC991
Cassette: SRAM PG990 11-34t
Pedals: Burgtec Penthouse Mk3 Snow Camo
Bottom Bracket: Shimano XTR
Front Wheel: Hope Pro 3 SP AM4 on Stans ZTR Flow Rim 203mm Rotor
Back Wheel: Hope Pro 3 SP AM4 on Stans ZTR Flow Rim 183mm Rotor

DSC03902.jpg

DSC03905.jpg

DSC03908.jpg

DSC03907.jpg[/img]

Comments

• Niiice, marin make some of the best looking frames i reckon, and that orange is lovely.

What brake pads do you use in the hopes? I can't seem to settle on a particular brand.
    We'll see things they'll never see...
    Fury
  • lovely bike mate but I think you need some more pimpy orange bits :wink::D
  • I use Hope Sintered pads on the rear and Ashima SOS on the front at the moment.
  • tbh that frame could easily be passed off as a current model, shows how far ahead Marin are then. It reminds me of the Whyte something or other.
  • lovely looking bike and a great colour. Marin fs bikes have their own look (great) and I hope to get one eventually.
  • Reminds me quite a bit of the Whyte 146, which is one of the sexiest bikes in the world IMO. Love the bike, and that orange looks mint as well.
  • Reminds me quite a bit of the Whyte 146, which is one of the sexiest bikes in the world IMO. Love the bike, and that orange looks mint as well.

Both are designed around the same suspension design, hence the similarity ;)