Campaign to kill cyclists

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,064
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
Clearly I missed this campaign in the media but the car driving public have really taken it on-board, I fully expected at any moment today for some fucktard to take me out.

Not a rant just an observation
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• Children are notoriously badly-behaved on windy days. I don't think this is a coincidence.
  • snooks
    snooks Posts: 1,521
    Are you sure it wasn't a WVM in disguise? :)

I almost got taken out by a white van reversing into the road. They stopped so I carried on. Only for them also to start reversing out into the stationary traffic again. Managed to pull off a endo which I didn't think I could ever do, but got around the back of him before my path was blocked.
    FCN:5, 8 & 9
    If I'm not riding I'm shooting http://grahamsnook.com
    THE Game
    Watch out for HGVs
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Today, on a climbing dual carriageway, I waited in an asl. A car pulled up behind me. The lights changed, I moved off, the car moved off, drew alongside and started turning in to me. Not sure whether it was deliberate or accidental dickheadedness but it never ceases to amaze me how drivers get it wrong in so many ways.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • I think you need to be reminded of the maxim:

"Never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence"
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    I think you need to be reminded of the maxim:

"Never attribute to malice what can be explained by incompetence"