Now that he fired his PR guy...

emadden
emadden Posts: 2,431
edited November 2010 in Pro race
Wiggins is probably going to light up the Twitter world again :lol::lol:
Bradley Wiggins
I know have a new PR man,@kieren_frend spoke more sense to me than any Journo-PR person has ever, top lad!

:lol: :P :lol::lol::lol: :P :P :P
www.dotcycling.com

Comments

• dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Some of these guys need a PR person to remind them what to say and stay with it...not change the story 6 months on. This Julich character who talked up Riis in the PR film Riis made...and in multiple "interviews" has left that team. Which is it Julich? Likewise, Evans has been a little insulting to the intelligence this week..he now says the Giro is too hard...the broken arm story used to explain away his poor TDF has now changed to the Giro is too hard. Which is it Evans? At the moment I guess all the strapping round the elbow was for the cameras as much as for real help. He's been great all season has Evans... but stick with one story at least !!!
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    He had a fractured elbow according to Max Testa. But also according to Testa a fractured elbow is not as critical as it might sound.

I suspect this year's Giro was too hard for anyone who compted to try to do well in the Tour. See Basso. So both stories make sense.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Dave_1 wrote:
    Some of these guys need a PR person to remind them what to say and stay with it...not change the story 6 months on. This Julich character who talked up Riis in the PR film Riis made...and in multiple "interviews" has left that team. Which is it Julich? Likewise, Evans has been a little insulting to the intelligence this week..he now says the Giro is too hard...the broken arm story used to explain away his poor TDF has now changed to the Giro is too hard. Which is it Evans? At the moment I guess all the strapping round the elbow was for the cameras as much as for real help. He's been great all season has Evans... but stick with one story at least !!!

1. The CSC film Overcoming was made in 2004. Plenty can happen in six years, six months even. Plenty of marriages don't last six years. It is possible for him to still have a lot of time for Riis, but also want to seek new challenges. Plenty of people change jobs while still liking their old employer.

2. Evans - it's probably both. The arm certainly wasn't helpful and neither was the toughness of the Giro. Besides, isn't he talking about the 2011 Giro route - universally reviewed as a monster.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • donrhummy
    donrhummy Posts: 2,329
    What about replacing his spell checker with a grammar checker?
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    He's on his way. Just needs a new hairdresser, a new coach and a clever DS and he'll be right up there in the Four Days of Dunkirk :wink:

Joking aside, he can change PR but I hope he's working on the other aspects to ensure 2011 works better for him.