Rutland Cycling: they're a bit slow!

jonny_trousers
jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
edited November 2010 in Commuting general
Aren't they? Twice now I've made an order from their site only to be emailed a few days later to say that they are out of stock of whatever it was that I wanted and would I be willing to wait x amount of days longer. Then, when they are finally stocked up, it takes several days more for my order to arrive. To be fair on them, their prices are quite competitive and they don't charge postage, but when I want something I don't really want to wait two weeks for it.

Grumble over.

Comments

• andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    That is why wiggle are so succesful even if things may be slighlty more expensive, you pretty much know you will get item in a day or two, and some haribo :)
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    I find CRC very quick as well, ordered some bits Monday evening and they arrived today, also generally cheaper than wiggle!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Aren't they? Twice now I've made an order from their site only to be emailed a few days later to say that they are out of stock of whatever it was that I wanted and would I be willing to wait x amount of days longer. Then, when they are finally stocked up, it takes several days more for my order to arrive. To be fair on them, their prices are quite competitive and they don't charge postage, but when I want something I don't really want to wait two weeks for it.

Grumble over.

If you need to know if we have something in stock please PM me and I can check for you, we don't have stock indicators on the web site yet I'm afraid but generally if we don't have it I can also check with the suppliers, so long as they have it we should be able to dispatch to you within 3-4 days. Trouble is, once it's left us we're in the hands of the Royal Fail.

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    andy83 wrote:
    and some haribo :)

Not had haribo from Wiggle for a long time! they may have a min order for this?
  • DIESELDOG wrote:

Grumble over.

If you need to know if we have something in stock please PM me and I can check for you, we don't have stock indicators on the web site yet I'm afraid but generally if we don't have it I can also check with the suppliers, so long as they have it we should be able to dispatch to you within 3-4 days. Trouble is, once it's left us we're in the hands of the Royal Fail.

DD

CRC and so on use royal mail and seem to cope fine.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Not using that as an excuse, we generally have no problems with them either but stuff does get delayed every now and then. As I said to the OP, if you need me to check stock levels just send me a PM and I will check.

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • DIESELDOG wrote:

we don't have stock indicators on the web site yet I'm afraid

DD

Might be an idea to implement them.

It may be just bad luck, but the incidence I mention above has happened twice to me with Rutland and I'm afraid it puts me off using you again. Fair play on your pricing, however.[/url]
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    I've placed two small orders from Rutland very recently. It took about 5 days to get the stuff. Not RM's fault as post mark was the previous day. They just don't seem to be able despatch very quickly which might be because they are very busy or because they don't have enough staff. Have to agree Rutland are NOT the quickest unlike Wiggle or Merlin who are both excellent, more often than not, being able to deliver next day or certainly within 2-3 days with free postage. CRC have slipped some what as well. 5 days to almost a week to get stuff.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • richk
    richk Posts: 564
    Placed an order with Rutland on Wednesday afternoon & it arrived Friday. No complaints there from me. Previousl orders from Rutland have turned up promptly.

Not that long ago "allow 28 days for delivery" was normal whilst these days it's more like 28 hours :!:
    There is no secret ingredient...
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    RichK wrote:
    Placed an order with Rutland on Wednesday afternoon & it arrived Friday. No complaints there from me. Previousl orders from Rutland have turned up promptly.

Not that long ago "allow 28 days for delivery" was normal whilst these days it's more like 28 hours :!:

It is so in Rutland's small print of their T&Cs iirc.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • To be fair on Rutland, they are not the only company out there who are a little slow, but if they want to be a successful online retailer they really ought to up their game. I spent ages online looking for the best deal for the product I was after; I moved on from those who showed they were out of stock, those who were overpriced and those who charged exorbitant postage prices and settled on Rutland. It was just incredibly galling to then be told, three days later, that they too were out of stock and would I mind waiting a further ten or so days for my order to be completed. I said that I would mind and promptly changed my order for an alternative product that was supposedly in stock. That item then took at least five days to arrive.

I'm sure they mean well, and I'm pleased to hear that other people have had positive experiences, but mine have taught me to shop elsewhere in future.