Feeling cold, recovering from a cold, hungry and tired...

EKE_38BPM
EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
...no wonder I had no legs for my commute home.

Just seen the weather forecast for tomorrow. I knew it was going to be bad, but 80mph winds for the commute home and (no doubt) horizontal rain.

Time to take a huge dose of MTFU!
FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!

Comments

• Rest day today (coupled with being very late looking for my birth certificate) meant I missed out on what would've been one of the best rides in ever.

Mind you... there are branches on the road all over the place 'round here and the wind is swirling like crazy. It would've been fun but terrifying all at the same time
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • It was absolutely not as bad as I thought it would be when I looked outside this morning and saw the wind trying to remove our balcony furniture. The rain had pretty much gone when I was on my bike, and the wind seemed to take it in turns pushing me along, and then pushing me back.

So I think I came out even.
    FCN - 10
    Cannondale Bad Boy Solo with baggies.
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Was not sure which way I was gonna go next - most random ride I have ever had! Very gusty and pouring down, still better than being sat in a tin coffin......

managed to stay reasonably dry too!
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Rode in with a massive shiteating grin on my chops this morning, no idea why, just did.

Sitting here now with the gentle noise of my hair dripping on the carpet. :D
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Nowhere near as bad as I feared it would be. My overshoes are most definitely not waterproof so my overshoes, socks and shoes are all drying on a radiator or infront of a fan heater.
    Gloves also on the rad and everything else in front of said fan heater.

I've pretty much taken over one of the empty offices and its now my drying room
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • First journey in 2 weeks today. After a lot of travelling & time out of the office, so I've been eating in hotels & restaurants.

So I am fat and unfit and it was windy and wet.

To quote the OP, "....no wonder I had no legs for my commute....."
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    I wimped out and took the bus. I think I'd have preferred to be blown sideways on the road. I'd forgotten how tiring it can be sitting for an hour. Not in a good mood at work right now either, although popping into BR is helping.