OTH Dartmoor ride Sunday 14th November 10 - All Welcome

devbrix
devbrix Posts: 127
edited November 2010 in MTB rides
We will be riding the route below this Sunday. Anyone else wishes to ride with us are very welcome. Just turn up or drop me a line on the private message bit to go on the email list. Rides are relaxed and socialble but a reasonable pace.

http://www.corbetteer.co.uk/public/draw ... ey30kmloop[url][/url]

We will meet at 10am on the verge on left hand side just past the fire station at Bovey, Marlborough Terrace TQ13 9AL on the roundabout, right at the start of our ride.

(Increasing scale on left hand side changes map to Landranger style map. Description box can be moved by dragging it.)

See you Sunday
David
All of these things....

Comments

• Looking forward to the ride on Sunday, and fingers crossed that the weather behaves!

It great getting out and trying new rides (and trying to keep up with the speed machine that Paul is!!)

See you Sunday

Kat
    Wheeze..... Gasp..... Ruddy hills.......
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    Not going to be able to make this one :cry:
    I have to work in the morning as its remembrance sunday and have to cover an early shift
    have a good ride will be ok for the next one

Andy
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Dont know if it can be changed now but the title says 14th September for our ride.
    No problem for us regulars but newbies might think that the ride has already happened!

See everyone on Sunday.

Paul
  • devbrix
    Oops, well spotted, have changed it. It must be my age!
    All of these things....
  • David (and anyone else I guess) I am going to ride over in the morning to Bovey, and back after, so if you fancy a pre-ride warm up will be leaving at about 9am.
  • devbrix
    Hi
    I'll meet you there!!!!!
    David
    All of these things....
  • How about this nice Princetown route?? or maybe a straight forward loop if a bit long.

http://www.corbetteer.co.uk/public/drawmap.php?un=overthehill&rn=Princetown36kmloop

Let me know cheers
    Paul.

P.S feel free to add some routes of your own to share on this site:

Password > mountainbike
  • camerauk
    Looks good to me
    I have done most of this route but I started in the Quarry car park at Burrator then headed up to Princetown first and so had downhill on way back :lol:
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • camerauk
    Hi is this a go for Sunday?
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Sorry we can make this week either- I have managed to get myself kicked by a horse! (its been one of those weeks!)- so somewhat sore swollen leg.
    Am considering hibernating for a few weeks!

Have fun and try not to drown, think the moors may be a bit soggy after the rain thats been happening!
    Am hoping to try for a shorter ride next weekend! (allowing for life behaving!)

Kat
    Wheeze..... Gasp..... Ruddy hills.......
  • camerauk
    Thats not good news hope you get better soon

you could be right looks like a fair bit of rain is coming down out there but the forcast for sun is good fingers crossed :D
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Yes am riding this Sunday Andy.

Do you fancy the long one I suggested, or we can do a shorter version, up to you.

Let me know then we can arrange time and location.

Anyone else????????????
  • camerauk
    Don't mind giving the long one ago if you don't mind waiting while I catch up :)
    Just let me know where you want to meet and start from
    Weather forecast looks ok so far
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Start route at Princetown (loos, somewhere to change & shops if needed at start and finish). Can meet at 10:30am in carpark next to visitor centre.

Could share a lift if you like? My bike goes on roof so can fit yours inside. Up to you. Will leave Torquay at 9am
  • camerauk
    Ok sounds good where do you want to meet in Torquay? you can text or PM me your address if you like can meet you there

Anyone else coming along?
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • dont think there is anyone else :(
  • camerauk
    No could be a quiet ride
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Will send you private message with details
  • devbrix