cycling through the ages

matbarbour
matbarbour Posts: 20
edited November 2010 in Pro race
Matt Barbour here, regular scribe for CP - I'm doing a piece on how you should change/adapt your riding through each decade (20s to 60s+) according to physiological etc changes, and am looking for anyone who's cycled all their lives and have made such changes...hopefully to good effect. How has your training changed? The bike/riding position you adopt? The types of rides/clubs you're part of?? Happy to plug any club/charity. Please do pass this on, and get in touch asap if you can help. Thanks, Matt (matbarbour@gmail.com)
Keen XC Bristol-based rider

Comments

• Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Presumably you're looking for rather more information than just getting slower :)

I've never raced (too slow). But 30 years ago, I don't recall that there were any sportives. And there was no internet, of course, for advice and gossip- I rarely post on the commuting section here, but I do lurk almost daily and it is an incredible source of info. And although I would ride in forests, it wasn't called mountain biking.

Advances in bike computers are the biggest difference I would say.
    And, as I've aged, I've become bolder in traffic yet more timid on the singletrack.
  • Thanks for that - I think I'm after someone who's specifically changed how they've trained etc as they've aged rather than focusing on the way the cycling scene has changed during that time...but interesting, nonetheless. Matt
    Keen XC Bristol-based rider