Stealth Bomber :)

WelshLoon
WelshLoon Posts: 102
edited November 2010 in Your mountain bikes
Got this to replace the Rocky Mountain Element as i wanted something with a bit more travel again.

Its a 2010 Stumpjumper FSR Comp picked up in the sales, nice and light and rides very well indeed, feels nice and slack on the front but very short cockpit, tried the large for size in Chester but felt a bit stretched so i went for a medium.
Will see how it feels on a couple of long rides, can always put a longer stem than the 75mm one thats on.
Only arrived today so just been round the block to try it out and put some wider bars on, as the ones that came standard felt too narrow for the Bike.

Anyway here she is :)

P1000164.jpg

P1000163.jpg

Comments

• xterra
    xterra Posts: 117
    very nice - any planned changes to the spec??
  • Did have a ponder, have a pretty much new SLX Chainset, but the one on it by all accounts is the similar weight so may just keep the slx as a spare.
    Also the rims are not meant to be great so thought about swapping out for my XT Hubbed 719's but the front uses the DT rws 9mm through axle so cant use the front one on there, will see how they go.
    The purgatory front tyre is going on the back and an Ardent is going up front and will probably invest in a dropper post at some time.
    Have some 140 talas nearly new on the mmmbop i could swap but see how the floats go first.

Looking over everything its not bad kit as standard.
  • xterra
    xterra Posts: 117
    go get her dirty :-)
  • WelshLoon wrote:
    Did have a ponder, have a pretty much new SLX Chainset, but the one on it by all accounts is the similar weight so may just keep the slx as a spare.
    Also the rims are not meant to be great so thought about swapping out for my XT Hubbed 719's but the front uses the DT rws 9mm through axle so cant use the front one on there, will see how they go.
    The purgatory front tyre is going on the back and an Ardent is going up front and will probably invest in a dropper post at some time.
    Have some 140 talas nearly new on the mmmbop i could swap but see how the floats go first.

Looking over everything its not bad kit as standard.

The chainset on there is the 'old' XT HTII and is a cracking piece of kit, not worth replacing with the SLX as its better (well I think it is anyhoo)

Lovely bike - enjoy!!! :)
  • Absolutely lovely bike, was considering getting one in the sales, but found my bike for a stupid price so bought that instead as it had a bit more travel.

Those rode amazing though, absolutely spot on for the riding. Bars would have been first thing I changed as well.
  • Nice toy,

Love the look of the new slack version of it too, Was a bit steep int he head angle for me, But i wanted a more down orientated trail machine this is a very balanced bike. and Specialized are always solid build and great value love uhm.
  • Cheers folks, just wondering why they specced a Float 130 RL for this bike when the rest of the range use 140mm forks, can i change the forks to 140 via removing internal spacer or are these forks not able to change to 140?? Anyone know.

Could try my 140mm talas on and see how it feels in comparison :?
  • That is pretty much my dream bike right there. I would love to buy one of those some day, when I am no longer a student and have the money to do such things.

Definitely a nice bike, if you didn't catch that.
    '09 Rocky Mountain Fusion