24 Hour Time Time Trial

mrc1
mrc1 Posts: 852
edited November 2010 in Amateur race
Hi all

Im trying to find a list of 24 hour time trials that I can enter as part of a four man team in the new year, but am not having much luck. Does anybody know if there is a list of events published anywhere?

Cheers
http://www.ledomestiquetours.co.uk

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1

Comments

• SBezza
    SBezza Posts: 2,173
    There is the National 24 Hour TT, but that is not a team event. You might find team 24 hour races, like around a race track, but it will be more of a road race I would expect than a TT.

National 24 Hour TT is on the 25th/26th June 2011
  • mrc1
    Thanks - I suspected as much re the team events but I thought I would ask. We would be using it for Race Across America training so the earlier in the year the better but that might not be possible judging by what events I have seen advertised.

Le Domestique Tours - Bespoke cycling experiences with unrivalled supported riding, knowledge and expertise.

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1
  • John.T
    John.T Posts: 3,698
    All 12hr TTs and the 24 are in the middle of the year to get maximum daylight. One of the 12s was run with an optional team event (as a relay) but I don't know if this is continuing.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    What about the mtb events - they have races thru the night ? OK different bikes and terrain, but should help your endurance.
  • maryka
    maryka Posts: 748
    I think your best bet is one of those charity/sportive things like Ride24. It is a road race of sorts in that drafting is allowed, but from what I saw most people were riding alone or in small groups and it's really fragmented -- especially over 24 hours where people are in teams taking turns.

Next year's event is at Goodwood I believe. Dunsfold and Goodwood are the most boring circuits imaginable though, unfortunately. :( Not sure how the timing works out for RAAM, but I suspect there's only one or two of these a year so you might be out of luck.
  • mrc1
    maryka wrote:
    I think your best bet is one of those charity/sportive things like Ride24. It is a road race of sorts in that drafting is allowed, but from what I saw most people were riding alone or in small groups and it's really fragmented -- especially over 24 hours where people are in teams taking turns.

Next year's event is at Goodwood I believe. Dunsfold and Goodwood are the most boring circuits imaginable though, unfortunately. :( Not sure how the timing works out for RAAM, but I suspect there's only one or two of these a year so you might be out of luck.

That sort of thing is perfect but as you predicted the dates don't match up. Thanks anyway!

Ciocc Extro - FCN 1