Resurrecting Members - Bring back Always Tyred!!!

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
So if

Mybreakfastconsisted is really Number9

Electric_Blue is Porgy

Where or who is Always Tyred? Sure, he did have a spectacular meltdown, probably bought about by his boss telling him to dress smartly, but isn't it time he returns?

I just think its a shame that such a personality who was influential in developing the online community in this section got banned and feels he cannot return and yet others do... no offence to the above...
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    isn't that tailwindhome?
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    But what makes you think Porgy or Number9 got banned? Maybe they decided on a change.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    edited November 2010
    But what makes you think Porgy or Number9 got banned?

I remember it happening.

Each time.

I even remember Porgy getting done between being Porgy and his current handle, when he was 654321 (counting down to what, I wonder). IIRC he was rechristened by the mods as "BannedMemberPorgy". And then banned.

To be fair, he's a lot better now he used to be.

Anyone remember Spitchips? He was a nice piece of work.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • DonDaddyD
    isn't that tailwindhome?

tailwindhome was/is wheezyMcchubby, he sort a name change for personal reasons.
    But what makes you think Porgy or Number9 got banned? Maybe they decided on a change.

Nah they're new accounts. So they were banned, I'm almost certain Porgy was.

Most times a person creates a whole new account is because they either had their previous one banned/deleted or they created such a bad name for themselves they had to come up with a whole new online persona. If they have two accounts running at the same time its because they're a troll and the other account is there to cause trouble or not troll - but they will they can't help it.

This is doubly true for here because you can change your name at anytime.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    Where or who is Always Tyred?

:wink:
  • W1
    W1 Posts: 2,636
    What was Porgy banned for?
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    isn't that tailwindhome?

ah yes that's it you're right

this time...
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,355
    Clever Pun wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    isn't that tailwindhome?

ah yes that's it you're right

this time...

Hate it when he's right.

When I changed my forum name my posting history & avatar were kept and it was included in a my sig for a while.

Always Tyred was banned for sending PMs to Supersonic which were considered abusive in nature. Why the forum spilt upset him so much is a mystery but there you go.

I was online when it happened and he started a couple of threads in quick succession (with new profiles) continuing his imagined fued. These threads were deleted
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • DonDaddyD
    edited November 2010
    Greg, I remember spitchips. One of the few people I don't think I could actually share a pint with in the pub. Amazing that these people actually exist! They do though, this thread contains evidence of that...

Clever Pun, since I'm on form check out Forever Never.

Tailwind, when I came back the next day and found Always Tyed banned I was stunned. His meltdown was strange and though spectacular the way he left I always felt should have been far larger something that could go down in Internet History, like the Gail Simone fight or the Kurt Busiek one (comic book forum circles).

But its time for the guy to come back. Meltdown aside he was funny, intelligent and I enjoyed when he took people (not me) to task.
    Food Chain number = 4

• _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    If I get banned I'll just come back with more underscores. No one will ever figure that out, too obvious.
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    _Brun_ wrote:
    If I get banned I'll just come back with more underscores. No one will ever figure that out, too obvious.
    Make the B lowercase. Better to be safe than sorry
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Greg, I remember spitchips. One of the few people I don't think I could actually share a pint with in the pub. .....

You think you could share a pint with me?

No chance- unless your buying, in which case mines a pint of absinthe please
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • DonDaddyD
    You weren't Spitchips. Even for you... that would be er quite a personality change.

I could share a pint with you, we'd argue politics ethical implications on society or something. But afterwards we'd have a greater respect for each other, have put the World to right and maybe, if your lucky, hug it out...
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD wrote:
    You weren't Spitchips. Even for you... that would be er quite a personality change.

I could share a pint with you, we'd argue politics ethical implications on society or something. But afterwards we'd have a greater respect for each other, have put the World to right and maybe, if your lucky, hug it out...

Hold hands.

You forgot to say that you'd hold hands.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    _Brun_ wrote:

or change it to _marrón_ and set your location to spain. that'd baffle even the most arduous of the internet sleuths.
    Hat + Beard
  • I'd not noticed AT had gone and missed the meltdown, I always get here just too late for the good stuff. hey hum, the joys of a draconian internet policy at work.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    I'd not noticed AT had gone and missed the meltdown, I always get here just too late for the good stuff. hey hum, the joys of a draconian internet policy at work.
    We have a draconian work policy at internet time here.

Some times, but fortunately only rarely, they make us do work in internet time
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    DonDaddyD wrote:

is sharing a pint just buying one between the two of you and asking the bartender for two straws?

:D
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,714
    Unbanning people's a complete pain, so we don't do it unless there's really, really good reason to.
  • I STILL miss Teagar. He was such good value :(
    The older I get the faster I was
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    So DDD how long do you think it'll be until you tip the balance?

What will your new name be?

:P
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • whyamihere wrote:
    Unbanning people's a complete pain, so we don't do it unless there's really, really good reason to.

Money or sexual flavours usually does it.

Strawberry, raspberry, chocolate. But not banana - that's too kinky.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter