Those high caffeine energy drinks kick butt!

SimonAH
SimonAH Posts: 3,730
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
Bought the sainted Mrs AH a Felt Curbside from Wiggle a few weeks ago and the present in the pack was a box of assorted race energy gels and powders.

Got home for lunch and found that the 'ol lemonade well was dry and thought "hey, I'm a bit pooped, let's try one of these suckers"

Mixed a 'high caffeine isotonic' chappie with water in a pint glass and slurped.

Well sod me for a bucket of whelks! I'm a drainage ditch for coffee and red bull / relentless etc have been decidedly meh when tried before.

This bloody stuff had roughly the same effect as a good snort of Columbian booyah dust. I was still fizzing at about two or three in the afternoon.

......gonna buy me a crate of that stuff dude. Coiuld make an absolute bloody fortune peddling it at lunchtime during sales and tech fairs where it's a career limiting move to snore after the break! :D
FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Comments

• gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    SimonAH wrote:
    Bought the sainted Mrs AH a Felt Curbside from Wiggle a few weeks ago and the present in the pack was a box of assorted race energy gels and powders.

Got home for lunch and found that the 'ol lemonade well was dry and thought "hey, I'm a bit pooped, let's try one of these suckers"

Mixed a 'high caffeine isotonic' chappie with water in a pint glass and slurped.

Well sod me for a bucket of whelks! I'm a drainage ditch for coffee and red bull / relentless etc have been decidedly meh when tried before.

This bloody stuff had roughly the same effect as a good snort of Columbian booyah dust. I was still fizzing at about two or three in the afternoon.

......gonna buy me a crate of that stuff dude. Coiuld make an absolute bloody fortune peddling it at lunchtime during sales and tech fairs where it's a career limiting move to snore after the break! :D

Sometimes, the only way is hard drugs....or isotonic powders, in this case.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    SimonAH, you owe my employers a new laptop :lol::lol: