No Boris Bikes Were Damaged In This Incident

Pufftmw
Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
Though there's about 3 stands taken out :shock: :shock:

Happened a few mins ago outside our office - a loud clatter as all the stands went flying...

Apparently a disagreement over a parking space with another van (not in picture) but quite how he managed what he did is "special" to say the least!

oops1.jpg

oops2.jpg

So, side/front of BMW mangled, 2 large white panel vans and 3 Boris Stands - expensive point of principal :roll:

Comments

• ketsbaia
    ketsbaia Posts: 1,718
    Prannocks of the highest order.
  • _Brun_
    _Brun_ Posts: 1,740
    I've often wondered whether being a c*nt is a prerequisite for owning an X5 and its ilk, or whether you become one just by driving it. Suspect it's the former.
  • Pufftmw
    Pufftmw Posts: 1,941
    Update - damaged the rear of the Merc (pic 1) and it was 5 stands taken out

Thank f*** no-one was standing there at the time
  • Dumbarses.
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    try and mash a boris bike into the bmw saying that's where you always park it
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Number plate of the beamer is quite appropriate
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    edited November 2010
    * I have an admission to make.....

In a car park in Bath - very busy and not many spaces. Anyway, some silly bint in an X5 is charging about trying to find a space - I am meandering (I don't have to be anywhere) - anyway, about 50 yards in front of me a car starts to reverse out. I gradually sidle up with my indicator on to signify that I want the space. Silly bint in X5 now behind me over takes, narrowly, and blocks me; then reverses into space at speed. Gives me a smug look as she gets out of car.
    Hmmm - methinks, anyway, another space comes free 10 yards on, I head into that space - within a minute or so.

* I feel agitated by said X5 bint, so, having doggy poo bags in my pocket (as ever) I collect up a lovely pile of wet dog cr4p and smear it under her car door handles and boot handle.

Very low thing for me to do, but hopefully it wiped the smugness off her face and will make her think twice before she does it again. For the record she was driving with a flat tyre too and had knocked the tree behind the parking space.

Some people are so f*cking important that nothing else matters other than parking.....
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    the fact that she gave you a smug "inyourface" look I can see why retribution came to mind
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    I'm impressed you waited 10 years for another space. Fair play for your patience.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    Agent57 wrote:
    I'm impressed you waited 10 years for another space. Fair play for your patience.

if it was taking that long for another spot to open up i'd be double checking i hadn't accidentally driven into a scrapyard :lol:
    Hat + Beard
  • gtvlusso
    Doh - Edit!
  • My prick of a neighbour in London used to reserve his parking space outside his house with wheelie bins and planks of wood, and SCREAM abuse at anyone who tried to park there. This was in an unrestricted parking area, no permits or anything.

People get so precious.

His car got Nitromorsed in the end.
  • gtvlusso
    My prick of a neighbour in London used to reserve his parking space outside his house with wheelie bins and planks of wood, and SCREAM abuse at anyone who tried to park there. This was in an unrestricted parking area, no permits or anything.

People get so precious.

His car got Nitromorsed in the end.

Hmm - I live on a street with a pub opposite (handy!). However, I do get frustrated when people using the pub park really badly and take up un-necessary space. Very annoying when you have a small baby and a car full of food and whatnot! But I would not go to the extreme of partitioning off the area outside my house.....just have a grumble to myself and move on!
  • Andy!
    Andy! Posts: 433
    gtvlusso wrote:
    * I have an admission to make.....
    :lol: that is pretty grim though!

Must be a Brizzle thing as there used to be a guy in my road who would park in the middle of 2 spaces every night. Losing a space is bad enough but then when other people park up against him it throws out the whole street out for about a week as the 2 half spaces spread up and down the road and it is really annoying to have spaces just that bit too small to get your car in.

One night I believe a dog poop magically slipped out of a poop bag up into the air and landed on the middle of his windscreen and then rolled down into the scuttle vent.

Or so I heard.....
  • Scuttle vent.

Pint of prawns, pint of milk, blender, put the pink froth somewhere warm for a few days, then pour.

The smell inside the car will make you retch 6 months later.

Bloke in a pub told me.
  • Agent57
    Agent57 Posts: 2,300
    I had never heard of a "scuttle vent" before today. And I'm nearly 42.
    MTB commuter / 531c commuter / CR1 Team 2009 / RockHopper Pro Disc / 10 mile PB: 25:52 (Jun 2014)
  • Ive heard of a scuttle vent but its usually behind the bonnet of a lady.....ahem.
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals! Except the weasel
  • Andy!
    Andy! Posts: 433
    Scuttle vent.

Pint of prawns, pint of milk, blender, put the pink froth somewhere warm for a few days, then pour.

Bloke in a pub told me.

projectile vomited in the front of dads company Orion many years ago and it went nicely down the vents. Fortunately it was due to be changed. I always felt bad for the poor sod who bought it at auction and found out about the smell when they put the heaters on :lol:
  • gtvlusso
    Andy! wrote:
    Scuttle vent.

Bloke in a pub told me.

projectile vomited in the front of dads company Orion many years ago and it went nicely down the vents. Fortunately it was due to be changed. I always felt bad for the poor sod who bought it at auction and found out about the smell when they put the heaters on :lol:

I had a diesel Ford Orion back in 1992 - my first company car!