Help bike not available until Feb 2011

nigelven
nigelven Posts: 4
edited November 2010 in Commuting general
I recently ordered on my new bike on the bike to work scheme. I had order the Whyte Stirling
http://www.whytebikes.com/2011/bike_page.php?ModNo=W-1-019-11
But I have been just told the bike is sold out and no chance of getting my hands on one until Feb 2011.

Question is should I wait, or what alternatives do people recommend?

Comments

• Phate
    Phate Posts: 121
    Would maybe suggest looking ata cannondale synapse if it is a flat bar roadie that you are after.
    exercise.png
  • anyuser
    anyuser Posts: 51
    edited November 2010
    Nigelven, I just took delivery of mine. I cannot believe how comfortable it is compared to my previous Gary Fisher commuter. It just soaks up the rough road surfaces into London. What size do you need? I know cyclesuk have a medium in stock and last time I was at the Whyte dealer in Richmond they had a large in stock.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What scheme organiser? The Boardman flat bar hybrids are top notch....

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Cheers for the tip there is one in Richmond will phone up this afternoon!

Have to save I am pretty set on waiting as I did test ride a number of bikes and this was definitely my favourite. The look and spec is great for the price
  • anyuser wrote:
    Nigelven, I just took delivery of mine. I cannot believe how comfortable it is compared to my previous Gary Fisher commuter. It just soaks up the rough road surfaces into London. What size do you need? I know cyclesuk have a medium in stock and last time I was at the Whyte dealer in Richmond they had a large in stock.

This is why I love the Internet, with an afternoon I have gone from no bike until Feb to a bike reserved for collection in Richmond. Thanks for the great tip!
  • Glad to be of help. :D