P7 Cree torches...

The Big Cheese
The Big Cheese Posts: 8,651
edited November 2010 in MTB general
.... I know I know...

1st.
These are going on my road bike as well... too much for road riding?

2nd
Where's the best place to get these? There seems to be an awful lot of results with Google, basically I want the best one I can get for under £50 including mount for bars and helmet.

Thanks lads....

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i got my p7torch, mount, batteries and charger for 49.99 posted from ebay RE. took 2 days to arrive at my house.

very happy with it, could have got it cheaper from some foreign website but i dont typically like buying stuff from foreignwebbo sites.

according to the other thread about these kinds of things, the batteries i got are rubbish but it seems to be bright enough and lasts as long as people seem to report theirs lasting.

if you want a link PM me.
  • Ransaka
    Ransaka Posts: 474
    Got mine from Lumen Junkies with charger, batteries and bar mount for under £50. Based in the UK and it turned up within 4 days of ordering.

http://www.lumenjunkies.co.uk/
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    you want a 501B shell with a Seoul P7 emmiter.... I got mine off BOB, cheap, crappy delivery times, but cheap. Check out the discussion thread and talk to DIY.

The 501B shell with an XPG emmitter is another good idea, longer battery life and a tighter spot.... but not as floody or bright.

You will also need battery's and a charger, and mounts.

Or, if your rich, dont care about money, and REALLY value fast delivery, then what Sheeps did is a good option.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • t0pc4t
    t0pc4t Posts: 947
    I've got a P7 on order for helmet to go with a magicshine mickey mouse for the bars, I think this is probably overkill.

Ordered the P7 from dealextreme and it's been 3 weeks and no torch as yet but I understand this to be pretty normal
    Whether you're a king or a little street sweeper, sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Cube Curve 2009
    Giant Anthem X4

FCN=6
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    there is deffo moneys to be saved by buying from abroad but i like my stuff very soon after i have ordered it. plus, i dont think the saved oney is worth the potential 6 odd week wait for it.
  • ben306
    ben306 Posts: 64
    Ransaka wrote:
    Got mine from Lumen Junkies with charger, batteries and bar mount for under £50. Based in the UK and it turned up within 4 days of ordering.

http://www.lumenjunkies.co.uk/

I also got mine from this lad, can votch for him as I collected as he was pretty local, sound enough to deal with and happy enough to help, said if I had any issues with anything to get in touch.
  • andyrm
    andyrm Posts: 550
    there is deffo moneys to be saved by buying from abroad but i like my stuff very soon after i have ordered it. plus, i dont think the saved oney is worth the potential 6 odd week wait for it.

Yup - did the same. My time is worth more than £14 or whatever!!!
  • Hi,

BestOfferBuy.com

Products
    1 x UltraFire WF-501B SSC-P7-CSXO 3-Mode 900-Lumen Memory LED Flashlight with Strap (1*18650/1*17670) (E49897) = £13.57
    2 x UltraFire WF-501B 3.7V~4.2V CREE XPG R5 WC LED 5-mode Flashlight
    (1*18650) (E28593) = £25.94
    2 x TrustFire TR 18650 2500mAh 3.7V Batteries (2-Pack) (E0110) = £11.50
    1 x TrustFire 18650 3.7V 2500mAh Rechargeable Lithium Batteries (2-Pack)
    (E3613) = £5.42
    1 x OEM 2*18650 Lithium Battery Charger (110V~240V AC) (E0400) = £4.95
    2 x Universal Bicycle Swivel Mount for Flashlights and Lasers (1.7~3.0cm Flexible Diameter) (E14079) = £3.74
    Sub-Total: £65.12
    FREE SHIPPING! (This order is eligible for FREE SHIPPING. Delivery takes 5 -
    12 BUSINESS days.): £0.00
    Total: £65.12

I can wait 3 weeks :D:D 3 torches ,6 batteries,charger and mounts £65 delivered :D

Seem fine on the road as well, just don't point them up at drivers eyes
  • velvet
    velvet Posts: 22
    Ordered 2 P7s, a mount, 2 battery packs and a charger from bestofferbuy for £38.10 after adding a redemption code at checkout of BOB10, which was worth an extra £4.50 off.

Can't wait to get to the local trails stacked up with powerful lights and still come a fucking cropper and limp home to a laughing wife and family!
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    For road R2s will be better than P7s imo, A 501b shell with R2 emmitor is my personal favorite after a couple of P7s overheaded and died, the R2 doesn't get as hot and disipates heat better, but that could just be me. I personally prefer R2s two S10s with 14500 cells on my helmet and a couple of 501B R2s on the bars as they have a good lower power for road use. Also for road riding I have a couple of flashing lights on the front and rear that are also visable from the side.
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll: