Severe Weather Warning for the North West

shouldbeinbed
shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
howling rain and torrential gales

some form of light jacket may be in order tomorrow then.

Comments

• i'd stick to a windproof/softshell you don't want to be sweating under a waterproof jacket.
    All hail the FSM and his noodly appendage!
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    howling rain and torrential gales.

More northern meteorological hyperbole? :roll:

MTFU people...
  • Bring it on!?

:?
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    There was more than a smattering of sh1te weather down south this morning :roll:
  • There's a big swirling thing just passing over - and some weird pointy hatted bint on a bike sailing past.

Should I be worried?
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • It wasn't fun...I cleaned the bike so it was immaculately shiny and had a beautifully smooth drivetrain, until I went about 20 metres down the street that is.

Bl**dy north
    What wheels...? Wheelsmith.co.uk!
  • i'd stick to a windproof/softshell you don't want to be sweating under a waterproof jacket.

I prefer being dry in torrential rain personally, or buy something gore-tex or event. I find being soaked by freezing rain worse than being a bit damp with warm sweat.

£1.25 for sign up http://www.quidco.com/user/491172/42301

Cashback on wiggle,CRC,evans follow the link
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/MTBkarl
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    I particularly hate it when weather coming from the west brings an easterly (head) wind. I hate it even more when I get a puncture in such weather. Still, can't complain too much. It was slow enough to get me to a petrol station and some shelter to change the tube (if I'd had that flat at that time on my normal extended commute, I'd have been changing the tube right on the top of the Chevin......).

Still, all that wet wheel handling meant for once my hands were in more pain than my feet.......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    howling rain and torrential gales

some form of light jacket may be in order tomorrow then.

Thats not a warning. Thats t-shirt weather up here. Piff! Now where did I put my flat cap?
  • wasn't that bad actually, dam cold and breezy but nowhere near the biblical epic North West telly (soz gussio :roll: ) was on about.