Anyone using the Blackburn Flea 2.0?

majormantra
majormantra Posts: 2,094
edited November 2010 in Commuting general
I like the idea of a rechargeable light for commuting but there aren't many low cost options. The Flea looks possible but the spec implies that you have to undo a velcro strap every time you remove it. Is this the case?

Any thoughts on the Flea or on other options?

Cheers,
MM

Comments

• I use the Blackburn Flea front and rear, yes, they are attached with velcro straps that simply loop round the handlebar or seatpost. It only takes a couple of seconds though, but you have to remove the lights in order to charge them up. The velcro straps have a silicone gripper on the inside surface which will get torn off pretty quickly by the front light. Doesn't seem to be a problem keeping the light in place though - just make sure it's velc'd up tight.

The rear light has a big spring clip for mounting onto loops on saddle bags, etc, which is easier than the velcro option.

The Flea is a great light for the money. I find the hi-beam/overdrive option is bright enough for unlit country lanes, but if your commute is longer than 1hr each way then you might find the battery life a bit short if you need to use anything other than flashing mode.
  • majormantra
    Thanks for the reply. Apart from the mounting issue it sounds good - my commute is really short so battery life isn't really an issue.

Hmmm... Anyone else got any thoughts? Are there any other small cheap rechargeable lights?
  • majormantra
    Ah never mind, I've ordered one to try.