Cost of brake service if sent to Hope themselves??

dynamis_dk
dynamis_dk Posts: 428
edited November 2010 in MTB general
A mate of mine has managed to have the piston pop past the stops on a Mono lever and in the process he's lost a few bits. It happened when i wasn't on the ride with them and they kind of just pushed what they have left back in and although the brake works the lever now just pops out if you don't hold it in.

I mentioned he could send it to hope for service and check over as i've done this many times myself over the years but i can't remember what the price of a service is.

Does anyone happen to know what it costs to have them service on brake??

I'ev looked up and a spares kit is around £10, and new pads i would at a guess say at least £10 so i wanna be able to tell my mate if its worth the extra of the £20 it would cost for me to have a go at it.

Comments

• ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    Ring them and ask?

Helpful lads at hope, always had good experience with them
  • Normally i would mate, dealt with them loads of times over the years and they're always spot on - however i imagine as great as they are, even hope staff go home by the time 6pm on saturday rolls around :)

Wouldn't expect anything from them on a sunday too - theres not rush i just asked the question just in case someone knows. If i can tell my mate tomorrow how much he's looking at, should he opt for us to give it a go we can put an order in online for spares.