WHY?

Lowride
Lowride Posts: 214
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
Does anybody, anywhere have any idea why people venture out of the house with a bike then push it along the street?

On a weekly basis I see people pushing bikes along footpaths. They don`t have a snapped chain or a flat tyre. They are`nt pushing up a hill, just a perfectly flat surface. I see it all the time, I genuinely have no idea why they are pushing their bikes

I went to college and for two years there was a girl in my class, granted she was a bit odd but she used to come to college every day with a bike. We used to see her about two miles from the college pushing the damn thing! In those two years nobody in my class saw her ride it, she`d walk in and walk out of college, pushing

I should have asked her, then I would`nt be in this situation. I can`t get to sleep at night for wondering why these people are pushing bikes along streets up and down the country

: :lol:

Comments

• jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    I regularly pass someone doing this on my commute to work. He pushes the bike up the *slight* incline, which lasts about a mile. If I am a bit later, I see him cycling down the hill further down (again about a couple of miles). I have no idea whether he cycles up this hill in the evening.

The first time I saw him pushing his bike I asked if he needed any help.
  • I find pushing my bike harder work than riding the thing... You can't coast for one thing.. unless you have roller blades on I guess.

Bloody weirdos.
    Giant Escape M1....
    Penny Farthing
    Unicycle
    The bike the Goodies rode
    Pogo Stick
    Donkey on Roller skates.......OK I'm lying, but I am down to one bike right now and I feel bad about it,
  • They could at least carry it on their shoulder and run, like a true nutter :)
    Souped-Up Trek Hybrid ( Clipless & Skinnies - FCN 6 )

Regularly humbled by the RP3LC, and the FG temptation is getting too much.
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    To be "fair" I think he uses this time to light up...

Not like another person I pass on the way home.

What FCN is someone on a BSO, wearing a donkey jacket, on the pavement whilst lighting a cigarette?

I don't know how he manages to stay balanced at the speed he goes - I swear I walk faster.
  • Clarion
    Clarion Posts: 223
    On thursday, I pushed my bike, with trailer, down to the scout hut and back. The lad pushed his bike down there & back, too. He's broken his hand, so can't ride, but wanted to go to turbo training. I figured the best way to get the turbo down there was to put it in the trailer & push. Well, I could have ridden, but that would be a bit antisocial, making the lad walk down by himself.
    Riding on 531
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Maybe all of these walkers have broken wrists and are going for a turbo session?
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Clarion
    Clarion Posts: 223
    Probably. That must be it. :D
    Riding on 531