May your saddle sores fester

ooermissus
ooermissus Posts: 811
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
You parked your bikes in the two spare slots next to mine on the train from London to the New Forest this morning. I never saw you, but assume you were heading into the Forest for a ride - you got off at Beaulieu Road.

I got off at Brockenhurst, and had to cycle the 30 miles home because engineering works meant the train company wouldn't carry my bike all the way to my usual station. A nice ride, but still a pain in the @rse as it made me late for work.

Now, although it could have been anyone on the train, I strongly suspect that it was one of you who helped themselves to my left toe strap - the one that was facing outwards and was easiest for you to undo.

Was one of yours broken? Or had you just forgotten to bring a spare? Or perhaps you ride clipless and just thought it would come in useful if you needed to do an emergency repair?

If I have accused you falsely, many apologies.

If not, may you suffer disproportionately for this pettiest of petty crimes - weeping saddle sores would do; or a violent collision between groin and cross bar in front of a pack of giggling teenagers; or a mechanical gremlin on a wet ride in February that leaves you with stranded far from civilization just as the light begins to fade...

Comments

• Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    I hope you had a good day at work after that :)
  • Yes I bought some new ones from the nice people who run the bike shop in Brockenhurst and then hacked across the forest to work. It was a beautiful ride! But still...
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Let it go... You enjoyed the ride and they had saddle sores or something equally painful. Job done :lol:
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    My sympathies. Petty, but that's what irks.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."