FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, erm actually

DC never published Iron Man and Submariner, DC's version of the submariner is Aqua Man.

Namor is arguably the first ever mutant to appear in a Marvel comic, he fought alongside Captain Amercia as part of the Invaders and All Winners Squad. The All Winners Squad was a goldern age post-WW2 superhero team. The Invaders was a re-invision of the concept released in the 60s I believe, so silver age.

Namor may be referred to as the first mutant but he is not the oldest despite House of M's reference to this claim. The oldest mutant is Apocalypse, En Sabar Nur. Namor was also a major villain for the Fantastic Four when they were starting out. That marvel would allow DC to publish a story involving Namor and Iron Man together is unlikely.

I could be wrong about the Iron Man and Submariner one-shot, I can always consult the oracle...

Edit: No I appear to be right: Iron Man and Submariner
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • DonDaddyD wrote:
    Yeah, erm actually

DC never published Iron Man and Submariner, DC's version of the submariner is Aqua Man.

Namor is arguably the first ever mutant to appear in a Marvel comic, but not the oldest despite House of M's reference to this claim. The oldest mutant is Apocalypse, En Sabar Nur.

I could be wrong about the Iron Man and Submariner one-shot, I can always consult the oracle...

Edit: No I appear to be right: Iron Man and Submariner

Waits for female posters to stop quivering.
  • DonDaddyD
    I ammended my posts for clairty and accuracy.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    But not for spelling :twisted:
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • DonDaddyD
    My poor grammar and spelling save me from being a proper geek.

Also I don't do Warhammer or d20.
    Food Chain number = 4

• jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    I've heard of warhammer - have no idea what d20 is.

D2O, however (with the "2" in subscript) is heavy water.
  • DonDaddyD
    d20 = either a 20 sided dice or a system created to play roleplaying games like Dungeons and Dragons.

What your D20 with the "2" in suscript?
    Food Chain number = 4

• DonDaddyD wrote:
    d20 = either a 20 sided dice or a system created to play roleplaying games like Dungeons and Dragons.

What your D20 with the "2" in suscript?

D2O with 2 in subscript is water made with Deuterium rather than hydrogen IIRC.
  • [quote="DonDaddyD"The oldest mutant is Apocalypse, En Sabar Nur.[/quote]

Isn't he just an alien - not really a mutant as such?

hee hee ;D
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • DonDaddyD
    [quote="DonDaddyD"The oldest mutant is Apocalypse, En Sabar Nur.

Isn't he just an alien - not really a mutant as such?

hee hee ;D[/quote]

Nope Apocalypse is a human mutant born in Egypt round about the time when they were building the Pyramids. He was found, well the Pharoah Rama Tut was looking for him because Ramam Tut, who eventually becomes Immortus/Kang the conqueror, wanted to use Apocalypse to create a dynasty of him or some crazy scheme. The Fantastic Four who for seperate reasons travel to the past stop Rama Tut, and Apocalypse is allowed to develop on the path that time has laid out.

At some point in his life he either cuts a deal with or simply uses Celestial Technology to upgrade and add new powers.

Mr Sinister also infects Apocalypse with a virus that greatly injures him. The reson being is that Apocalypse wanted Sinister to create a virus that would infect the World and this went against Sinisters own interests in genetics and evolution.

Eventually Sinister would lay the path for Nathan Christopher Summers to be born, aka Cable.

Apocalypse infects the Nathan Christopher Summers with the Techno organic virus, and said baby is sent 3000 years into the future, where he learns to hold back the virus from taking over his own body, becomes Cable, kills Apocalypse.

Cable's clone Stryfe (long story) releases a virus called the legacy virus (even longer story) that ends up killing Illyana Rasputin (Magik), Colossus's little sister in one of the saddest story's ever.

So yeah, Apocalyse, Acient Egyptian human mutant upgraded with Celestial technology but most certainly not a mutant.
    Food Chain number = 4

• See, I play an immensely sad computer game, but I don't talk at length about it on the internet.

That's why people still think I'm cool.

K?

8)
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    See, I play an immensely sad computer game, but I don't talk at length about it on the internet.

That's why people still think I'm cool.

K?

8)

Does it make me more or less cool that I dislike WoW because of the lack of RP when compared to text based MUSHs of the 90s?
    <sigh> Don't answer that.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    JonGinge wrote:
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    But not for spelling :twisted:

You is a bad man :lol:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.