Forum home Road cycling forum Road beginners

Club Badge

Rouge PenguinRouge Penguin Posts: 347
edited November 2010 in Road beginners
Is there a BR badge or colour? Something thats easily seen asother cyclists go past.

Anyone ever tried to get one going? Like a hoop of yellow tape on the right fork or something like that.

Posts

  • batch78batch78 Posts: 1,320
    Not that I'm aware of, jerseys have been spoken about sporadically.

    A ring of tape is much easier and more inclusive though, nice idea, how about World Champ rings on seattube, would already be covered then. :lol:
  • softladsoftlad Posts: 3,513
    I'm struggling to understand the logic of doing that - wouldn't it make more sense just to join a real club..?
  • MattC59MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    softlad wrote:
    I'm struggling to understand the logic of doing that - wouldn't it make more sense just to join a real club..?
    Have you never ridden past someone and wondered if they're someone you've had conversation with on here ?
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • ShutUpLegsShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    MattC59 wrote:
    softlad wrote:
    I'm struggling to understand the logic of doing that - wouldn't it make more sense just to join a real club..?
    Have you never ridden past someone and wondered if they're someone you've had conversation with on here ?

    <shudders>
  • softladsoftlad Posts: 3,513
    MattC59 wrote:
    softlad wrote:
    I'm struggling to understand the logic of doing that - wouldn't it make more sense just to join a real club..?
    Have you never ridden past someone and wondered if they're someone you've had conversation with on here ?

    not really, no...
  • Ben6899Ben6899 Posts: 9,675
    Softlad with the show-stopper. Again.
    Ben

    Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
  • AirwaveAirwave Posts: 483
    What about a pink carnation either on the handlebars or if your a bit fruity worn in you hair with gay abandon :lol:
  • You should get a bike radar tattoo then we will all go & get it done after, we would, promise.
  • woodywmbwoodywmb Posts: 669
    I keep a rolled up copy of Cycling Plus sticking out the right hand rear pocket of my gilet so that cyclists going past in either direction can clock it and acknowledge me.
  • ShutUpLegsShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Woodywmb wrote:
    I keep a rolled up copy of Cycling Plus sticking out the right hand rear pocket of my gilet so that cyclists going past in either direction can clock it and acknowledge me.

    I think I overtook you the other day- Hi!
  • softlad wrote:
    I'm struggling to understand the logic of doing that - wouldn't it make more sense just to join a real club..?

    Its not that daft. One of the most successful motorbike forums sold loads of stickers that plenty of the forum members displayed on their bikes and helmet visors proudly.

    the forum was viserdown.com
    2010 Giant Defy 2 running SRAM Force and Shimano RS80/C24s with Continental 4 Seasons
    1999 Carrera Integer MTB
    2014 Planet X SLX
  • softladsoftlad Posts: 3,513
    softlad wrote:
    I'm struggling to understand the logic of doing that - wouldn't it make more sense just to join a real club..?

    Its not that daft. One of the most successful motorbike forums sold loads of stickers that plenty of the forum members displayed on their bikes and helmet visors proudly.

    the forum was viserdown.com

    you say it's not daft - and then you say there's a load of power rangers riding about with 'visordown' decals stuck all over their bikes and lids....think about it.....
  • MattC59MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    softlad wrote:
    softlad wrote:
    I'm struggling to understand the logic of doing that - wouldn't it make more sense just to join a real club..?

    Its not that daft. One of the most successful motorbike forums sold loads of stickers that plenty of the forum members displayed on their bikes and helmet visors proudly.

    the forum was viserdown.com

    you say it's not daft - and then you say there's a load of power rangers riding about with 'visordown' decals stuck all over their bikes and lids....think about it.....
    Struggling with this one...........
    Why would it be daft to put a sticker on your bike ? And as long as the sticker isnt in your field of vision, why would it be a problem on a helmet ?
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,667
    softlad wrote:
    I'm struggling to understand the logic of doing that - wouldn't it make more sense just to join a real club..?

    Its not that daft. One of the most successful motorbike forums sold loads of stickers that plenty of the forum members displayed on their bikes and helmet visors proudly.

    the forum was viserdown.com

    They have stickers on their helmet visors?!? Is that even safe?
  • softlad wrote:
    softlad wrote:
    I'm struggling to understand the logic of doing that - wouldn't it make more sense just to join a real club..?

    Its not that daft. One of the most successful motorbike forums sold loads of stickers that plenty of the forum members displayed on their bikes and helmet visors proudly.

    the forum was viserdown.com

    you say it's not daft - and then you say there's a load of power rangers riding about with 'visordown' decals stuck all over their bikes and lids....think about it.....

    The viserdown.com sticker is tiny and is out of your field of vision. Also whats wrong with it being on your bike!!

    I have just stuck a Valentino Rossi 46 sticker on my Giant. Is that wrong too?

    I take it you have a grief with motorcyclists otherwise you wouldn't refer to them as powerangers.
    2010 Giant Defy 2 running SRAM Force and Shimano RS80/C24s with Continental 4 Seasons
    1999 Carrera Integer MTB
    2014 Planet X SLX
  • softlad wrote:
    softlad wrote:
    I'm struggling to understand the logic of doing that - wouldn't it make more sense just to join a real club..?

    Its not that daft. One of the most successful motorbike forums sold loads of stickers that plenty of the forum members displayed on their bikes and helmet visors proudly.

    the forum was viserdown.com

    you say it's not daft - and then you say there's a load of power rangers riding about with 'visordown' decals stuck all over their bikes and lids....think about it.....

    The viserdown.com sticker is tiny and is out of your field of vision. Also whats wrong with it being on your bike!!

    I have just stuck a Valentino Rossi 46 sticker on my Giant. Is that wrong too?

    I take it you have a grief with motorcyclists otherwise you wouldn't refer to them as powerangers.
    2010 Giant Defy 2 running SRAM Force and Shimano RS80/C24s with Continental 4 Seasons
    1999 Carrera Integer MTB
    2014 Planet X SLX
  • softladsoftlad Posts: 3,513

    I have just stuck a Valentino Rossi 46 sticker on my Giant. Is that wrong too?

    yes
    I take it you have a grief with motorcyclists otherwise you wouldn't refer to them as powerangers.

    no grief - I've been riding/racing motorcycles since I was 13...
  • softlad wrote:

    I have just stuck a Valentino Rossi 46 sticker on my Giant. Is that wrong too?

    yes

    Why? Are you a Stoner fan?
    I take it you have a grief with motorcyclists otherwise you wouldn't refer to them as powerangers.

    no grief - I've been riding/racing motorcycles since I was 13...

    Why do you refer to motorcyclists as power rangers then? Its considered a derogratory term? My guess is that you did MX? Interesting you mention 13 years old. Some of the top racers were on a motorbike at 5. I was happy with peddle tractor at that age, let alone a motorbike :D
    2010 Giant Defy 2 running SRAM Force and Shimano RS80/C24s with Continental 4 Seasons
    1999 Carrera Integer MTB
    2014 Planet X SLX
  • softladsoftlad Posts: 3,513
    Why do you refer to motorcyclists as power rangers then?

    the 'power ranger' reference is only really intended to describe the 'weekend warrior' or 'born again biker' sportsbike nutters - not motorcyclists in general.....if you've ever been around Box Hill on a Sunday, you'll know what I mean....
Sign In or Register to comment.