worldmasters 2010 portugal

oldwelshman
oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
edited November 2010 in Amateur race
Some pics and video of scratch qualifier for 2010 masters in portugal.
Would like to have taken more but was also riding.
Should have had veideo of 45-49points final which was a cracking race but my sone watched the entire race through the view finder of camera in standby and did not press record !! :D
Some sprint pics to follow.
http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/ll245/oldwelshman/worlds%20track%20champs%202010/

Comments

• Dai, Martyn H-O posted some pics on facebook. You did ok by the sound of things, did Courtney get a medal?
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    One of my clubmates (Chris Higgs) won a couple of Bronze medals I think. She WAS the World CHamp in one event.
  • oldwelshman
    I posted pics of chris on the site, unfortunately I did not get all the mens events as I rode.
    Yes Courtney got a bronze which was well earned and was a team effort really as he and Ian Greenstreet got a lap and we worked to get then to stay away and catch us, then I was at front of race towards end, then pete ettles led courtney out but and finished even with 2nd guy but as behind on last sprint had bronze in a very hard and fast race. The gold winner was very strong.
    I will be glad to move up an age next year, we were the only group that had to have heats for all events !! Few ex pros also.

MHO got the pics for facebook off my site as I set them to share so anyone can download them.

Several good results, John Mc in the points did very well, Cooky as usual gold, and Legro before crashing badly and ending up in hospital with chest drain in!!! Bushy came off better with just sore back and pride. Spaniard caused the off slowing up and swinging up same time.

Only one crash in all of our races which is good really as full field every event and they were bloody quick !!

One former world champ in one race (55-60) said he almost blacked out an one point in points race lol
  • oldwelshman
    Pokerface wrote:
    One of my clubmates (Chris Higgs) won a couple of Bronze medals I think. She WAS the World CHamp in one event.
    I think Steve just missed out in points and cant remember if he medalled in pursuit but I posted good pic of him starting also.