Wiggins Book

inkyfingers
inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
edited November 2010 in Pro race
This just popped up on Twitter, shame he didn't choose to do it in 2009 as eveyone prefers a happy ending!

http://www.modculture.info/2010/11/on-t ... -book.html
"I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)

Comments

• inkyfingers
    There is also a photo retrospective of 2010 by Procycling mag, featuriing photos from Tim de Waele.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/procycl ... 010-season

http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/procyclingbook/
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Gazzetta67
    Gazzetta67 Posts: 1,890
    Wiggins should concentrate on riding and winning on his £2m salary rather than trying to be the next F***ing Paul Weller.
  • pedro118118
    pedro118118 Posts: 1,102
    Cringe alert.............
  • Maybe he'll explain why he was unwilling to put the National TT Championship jersey on when he was finally pulled out of the bar and onto the podium.
  • inkyfingers
    ynyswen24 wrote:
    Maybe he'll explain why he was unwilling to put the National TT Championship jersey on when he was finally pulled out of the bar and onto the podium.

Oh go on...tell us the gossip!
  • No gossip really. Just what happened at the presentation of the jersey after the TT cahmpionship a few weeks ago - Geraint Thomas and Chris Froome waiting on the podium with the announcer while people had to go and find Wiggins who was in the bar of Llandeilo Rugby Club (the championship HQ) and when he did turn up he made a speech about how winning the British National Jersey meant as much if not more than winning the Worlds (really?) then just held it up limply infront of himself rather than putting it on. It was a strange way to 'honour' a jersey he had just claimed to value so highly and if I'd been one of the organisers (who had put a lot of work into the day) I'd have thought what a graceless twerp he can often seem to be. It's that gap between talking the talk and walking the walk...I can't do either but then I'm middle aged and a rubbish rider.
  • Hibbs
    Hibbs Posts: 291
    Christ. he really does want to be Armstrong, doesn't he!

Watch out next for Wigstrong, a charity to raise awareness of mod hairstyles, complete with hairy brown wristbands.
  • Stu T
    Stu T Posts: 127
    ynyswen24 wrote:
    No gossip really. Just what happened at the presentation of the jersey after the TT cahmpionship a few weeks ago - Geraint Thomas and Chris Froome waiting on the podium with the announcer while people had to go and find Wiggins who was in the bar of Llandeilo Rugby Club (the championship HQ) and when he did turn up he made a speech about how winning the British National Jersey meant as much if not more than winning the Worlds (really?) then just held it up limply infront of himself rather than putting it on. It was a strange way to 'honour' a jersey he had just claimed to value so highly and if I'd been one of the organisers (who had put a lot of work into the day) I'd have thought what a graceless twerp he can often seem to be. It's that gap between talking the talk and walking the walk...I can't do either but then I'm middle aged and a rubbish rider.

Yeah I thought this, to be fair he posed for photos with the kids later but was ignorant on the podium. He also had a pop about sprinters if I recollect correctly.
    I wear Lycra because I like the way it feels
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    Much as i rate him as a rider,He's certainly had a few run ins with the drink
    Hope he doesn't go the way of his father
    so many cols,so little time!
  • Does the Procycling photo book actually exist ?

not in our WH Smith's.
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822
    Does the Procycling photo book actually exist ?

not in our WH Smith's.

Is in my one (Edinburgh Gyle)