High School Bicycle Engineering Project

woogit
woogit Posts: 2
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
Hello my name is Emilie Woog and I am a senior at Mountlake Terrace High School in Seattle, Washington. Where I am enrolled in a class called Engineering Design and Development, a pre-engineering course in the Project Lead the Way program. The class is made to challenge teams of students to create a product that will better the world. Our team is interested in creating a system to improve bicycle comfort. Before we do this, we would like to gather some data to help us further understand current bicycle discomforts. In order to gather sufficient data we need feedback from dedicated bicyclists. We were wondering if you could help us by sending out a survey we have created to any bicyclists or groups you may know that would be able to help us. Here is a link to our survey http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GJLPZ5D, the survey in total is about seven questions long and shouldn’t take longer than five minutes.

Thank you,

Emilie Woog
206-372-4730
woog.emilie@gmail.com

Craig DeVine (Advisor)
425-445-5505
devinec@edmonds.wednet.edu

Comments

• Survey done.

Good luck with your project!
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Done, good luck
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Done, but you do realise the majority of us are based in the United Kingdom don't you?

Despite being .com its a UK based website.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Done.

The only discomfort I feel is from trying to reach the magic 88mph!
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • Alphabet
    Alphabet Posts: 436
    done. please make and send me something that'll stop my wrists aching after too long on my drop bars. kthanxbai
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    That's easy, flat bars!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.