Charge Juicer Hi 2010 or Genesis Equilibrium 20 2011

Goodtwist
Goodtwist Posts: 29
edited November 2010 in Road buying advice
Hello folks,

I'm having a hard time deciding which one of those two bikes, Charge Juicer Hi 2010 or Genesis Equilibrium 20 2011, is the "better" one.

I need a winter training bike (mudguards) so I Initially narrowed my choice to the Equilibrium. However, I noticed that the Juicer also dropped in price and now both bikes cost almost the same.

Well, not really: Juicer costs € 1,032 with shipping and I could buy it with credit card. This has the advantage that I could immidatelly order the bike.

The Equilibrium amounts to € 1,375 without shipping and I'd probably need to transfer money via on-line banking. This means that I'd have to wait till December untill I'd have the necessary money.

My sympathies are still in favour of the Equilibrium, it gives me a solid impression. The Juicer on the other hand has a touch of a "cheapo". Both bikes are equipped with Shimano 105, however.

I'm really not a hardcore biker, just to keep my fitness, but I nevertheless love beautiful and well working things.

Please help me to decide.

Cheers,

Goodtwist

Comments

• Juicer Mid is only £650 at Wiggle...
  • shieldsman wrote:
    Juicer Mid is only £650 at Wiggle...

For roughly € 240 more you get the Juicer Hi. This one has Shimano 105 instead of Tiagra and slightly better wheelset (presumably).

Is it worth it or is it better to keep the Juicer low-profile. After all that bike is supposed to serve as a winter-training-work-horse.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Where would you be buying the Equilibrium from? Bank transfer sounds dodgy to me.
    More problems but still living....
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Charge Juicer Hi available from Wiggle for £850.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/charge-juicer-hi-2010/

Would seem a better option to buy from a UK source and you could save about £100 into the bargain based on today's Euro exchange rate!!
  • Epic Cycles is offering the Equilibrium 20 for 1,200 Pounds: http://www.epic-cycles.co.uk/Genesis_Equilibrium.html

As for the prices I indicated they're all Pounds to Euro converted. And, yeah, I have to admit that UK based sellers have a way better offer and choice than German or Austrian ones.

It might be a bit of a hassle ordering things "over the Chanel" but so far I had only good experience with Wiggle, for example. So, hopefully Epic Cycles wouldn't let me down, neither.
  • Juicer Mid it is then.

€ 800.00 incl. shipping is an offer I couldn't reject. Now comes the happy time of expecting the bike