nice progrssive attitude there...

Alphabet
Alphabet Posts: 436
edited May 2013 in Commuting chat
this makes my blood boil. what a complete and utter tw@t

pretty much every other city in the world is pushing to become more bike friendly, and Toronto has this guy as mayor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nySs1cEq5rs

Comments

• PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    I just looked up "douche bag" in the dictionary, and guess who's picture was there?
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    Looks like he's never been on a bike (or taken any other form of exercise) in his life.

I would have thought that with all of the padding (in the form of a 10 centimetre layer of blubbery fat) all over his body, he wouldn't have worried about getting hit by anything lighter than a M1A1 tank.

There again, he wouldn't be on a bike to get hit by a car/bus/truck in the first place.
    Look on the bright side, he's only a climb up a flight of stairs away from a fatal coronary so won't be in power for long.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    If you watch the other Rob Ford vid's on youtube then its clear the guy is a brainless jerk, Imagine that people voted for this neanderthal retard, amazing, I didn't know you could have a single digit IQ and still breath!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Alphabet
    Alphabet Posts: 436
    If you watch the other Rob Ford vid's on youtube then its clear the guy is a brainless jerk, Imagine that people voted for this neanderthal retard, amazing, I didn't know you could have a single digit IQ and still breath!

Simon

depressing isn't it. always thought canada was america's more enlightened and intelligent neighbour, but apparently, no.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/postbear/5118571357/
    welcome to the new toronto, where violent, racist, homophobic drunks who lie about not being convicted criminals can be elected mayor based solely on meaningless catchphrases and the inherent bigotry of 350000+ voters
  • Valy
    Valy Posts: 1,321
    Cyclist can be a nuisance on the roads for sure, but this is kind of sad as I though that Canada was bike friendly-ish.
  • gavintc
    gavintc Posts: 3,009
    My brother in law lives in Toronto and when we discussed this last weekend, he was actually quite apologetic that Toronto people were that stupid to elect this oaf.
  • ooermissus
    ooermissus Posts: 811
    When you heard Rob Ford, Mayor of Toronto, had said this...
    "What I compare bike lanes to is swimming with the sharks. Sooner or later you're going to get bitten... Roads are built for buses, cars, and trucks, not for people on bikes. My heart bleeds for them when I hear someone gets killed, but it’s their own fault at the end of the day.

...maybe you thought: "he must be smoking crack." If you did, you were probably right. Gawker watched a video of him in the act and gives this account:
    Rob Ford, the mayor of Toronto, is the only person visible in the frame. Prior to the trip, I spent a lot of time looking at photographs of Rob Ford. The man in the video is Rob Ford. It is well-lit, clear. Ford is seated, in a room in a house. In one hand is a a clear, glass pipe. The kind with a big globe and two glass cylinders sticking out of it. In the other hand is a lighter. A slurred voice off-camera is ranting about Canadian politics in what sounds like an attempt to goad Ford. "Pierre Trudeau was a faggot!" is the one phrase the lodges in my mind. Ford, pipe in one hand and lighter in the other, is laughing, and mildly protesting at the sacrilege. He seems to keep trying to light the pipe, but keeps stopping to laugh. He is red-faced and sweaty, heaving with each breath. Finally, he finds his moment and lights up. He inhales.

No-one has yet been prepared to stump up the six-figure sum to the Somali dealers selling the video and Ford is apparently denying it's him. But there's a still photo been released and it's being covered by the Canadian press.

rob_ford_1.jpg.size.xxlarge.promo.jpg
  • Widgey
    Widgey Posts: 157
    When were roads first invented? I'm pretty sure that it was before the invention of the internal combustion engine. Weren't roads built for people to get from A to B quicker.

He is certainly no Boris!