Marzochhi Bomber 55's

MountainMonster
MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
edited November 2010 in MTB general
Got a set of these on me new bike and wanted to ask if they are air sprung or coil? Want to make them a bit stiffer as i'm heavier than the old owner. If air sprung what recommended pressure should I set them at? I'm 87kg, but unfortunately the bike came with no manuals or anything.

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Depends what model they are. There are air sprung, and coil sprung 55s.
  • Marzocchi 55 ATA2, 120-160mm

That's what the companies site says about which ones they are. Any ideas from that?
  • Anonymous
    Nope. Here's a quick test... do they have an air valve on them?
  • Yep.

Answered my question. That's what I get for being dumb.
  • Anonymous
    You know, you claimed earlier you were in the top 25% test results band for America.
    This episode doesn't bode well for their education system does it :lol:
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    I work with actual brain surgeons, they can be suprisingly dumb sometimes. And cack handed :shock:
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • You know, you claimed earlier you were in the top 25% test results band for America.
    This episode doesn't bode well for their education system does it :lol:

Book smarts doesnt translate into bike smarts when youve got a shiny brand new bike your oogling over haha. Blinded by my own passion on this one as ive finally got the bike i want.

What pressure shall i start out at for my weight to get started off?
  • Anonymous
    Are you kidding? (facepalm)
    Just put whatever pressure in them that gives you 25% sag.
  • Jedi
    Jedi Posts: 827
    i have the basic 55's. im 80kg and never bottom them out at hertts shore
  • Just put whatever pressure in them that gives you 25% sag.

Try this.
  • Think ive got them and the rp2 out back perfectly sorted. Will find out tomorrow on my christening ride of my monster
  • Anonymous
    I find it highly unlikely you have either sorted if you haven't ridden it yet. Ride it a bit, tweak it, ride it some more, tweak it a little, ride it some more, tweak it. Eventually you'll get it bang on.
  • Yeah the sorting was done just riding around the parking lot after 5psi increments and just bouncy around and jumping on the bike until it felt good, but will only truely find out tomorrow.
  • *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    Remember, the more air pressure you put in, your probably making the rebound quicker so you made need to slow the rebound a bit (+ on rebound adjuster) otherwise you may end up with some nasty top out clunks.