PTFE Goodrige Cable Housing?

tptvmbircn
tptvmbircn Posts: 782
edited December 2010 in The workshop
Hello all,

I have a goodride cable kit on the main bike, i'm currently building a winter bike and obviously don't want to spend tonnes on it. The nice thing about the kit is the cable housing (after the main casing) see here: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=22234 (its the blue straw bit)

I'm looking for an alternative preferrably black / clear as I like to get a bit OCD on builds and woundered if anyone knows anywhere to buy a few meters of a straw (not to drink out of) but to wrap up my lovely cables as unfortunetly good ridge do not sell them seperately

Thanks in advance

Terry

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Hmm the GT chucker I had as a donor for the wifes new bike had similar stuff on it.

Never go on the commuter, think of the weight!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Some on ebay (search 'cable sleeve') for a tenner......wonder if its something a decent LBS would have on a roll?

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • thanks mate just come across my email about the thread, apologies for my ignorance
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Nokon cable sleeving is what you're after - it's black and similar to the Goodridge stuff but not sure where to get it in the UK
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • Many thanks!